This is a recipe for a fresh and healthy Winter Citrus Salad. Colorful fruit and greens make a great citrus salad side dish. The zingy dressing brings this over the top.
Colorful with pink grapefruit, orange orange and green kiwi, you just feel good eating it. The dressing is a cousin to a Catalina and a perfect match for the fruit and the peppery greens.
This is a recipe that I posted when I first started blogging. Back when I had like minus two readers.
Plus it was hiding behind a great little BLT Cheeseburger, so could have went unnoticed.
Anyway, I served it this week with some little sliders and it’s just so good I wanted to share the recipe again, with the spotlight completely on the salad.
Recipe for Healthy Citrus Salad
I hope you give this winter citrus salad a try and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about what you thought. I love hearing from my readers.
And if you’ve got a favorite citrus salad recipe, let me know I’d love to give it a try.
More Salad Recipes with Fruit
And if you’re salad fans like us, don’t miss my post on 9 Secrets To A Remarkable Tossed Salad. A step by step guide on how to make the best tossed salad ever.
- 2 Kiwi fruit peeled and quartered
- 1 orange peeled and sliced in rounds
- 1/2 grapefruit peeled and sliced in rounds
- 2-3 Cups mixed greens
- Dressing for Citrus Salad:
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients in a jar and shake until well blended. Drizzle over mixed baby greens topped with fruit.
Winter Fruit Citrus Salad…It’s What’s for a Side Dish.