Sweet, tangy, savory, a tingle of Worcestershire and a hint of paprika. We loved this one and as far as I’m concerned, this is the only Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe you’ll ever need.
If you’re like me you’ve saved umpteen salad recipes for different greens and dressing combos in your database.
I noticed that over the years that I had entered several versions of strawberry salads and spinach salad recipes without very good notes on which one I preferred. I’m sure they’re all very good, but I can never remember which one is the dead-ringer best.
This past weekend, with a flat of strawberries in my hand and a hankering for a strawberry salad, I decided to ditch the database and Google “Best Strawberry Salad”.
Sure enough the top result included spinach and a predictable sweet, sour combination. With all ingredients on hand I prepared it for our dinner and I must say, move over puppies and babies, this salad “stole the show” and was star of the meal.
This best part about this recipe, is not only did I delete the five strawberry salad recipes that loitered my database, but it caused me to toss away some of the other combos that just didn’t measure up to greatness.
No riff raff salad clutter remains, only the outstanding and this being number one.
Recipe for Strawberry Spinach Salad
I found this over at Allrecipes and every single reviewer sang it’s praises. Sweet, tangy, savory, a tingle of Worcestershire and a hint of paprika. We loved this one and as far as I’m concerned, this is the only Strawberry Salad you’ll ever need.
Love those spinach salads? You won’t want to miss this Crunchy Spinach Salad with Bacon. It’s a good one. And if you’re looking to add more berries to your salads, take a look at this Warm Chanterelle and Berry Salad with Cheddar.
And if you’re salad fans like us, don’t miss my post on 9 Secrets To A Remarkable Tossed Salad. A step by step guide on how to make the best tossed salad ever.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 clove garlic fine diced, or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or spinach and field green mix – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries – cleaned hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds blanched and slivered
- Place garlic in a salad bowl. Rub garlic into the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- Place the spinach into the garlic rubbed bowl. Pour the dressing over salad, and toss until well coated. Sprinkle on the strawberries and almonds.. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- PREP 10 mins
- READY IN 1 hr 10 mins
Strawberry Spinach Salad … It’s what’s for a Side Dish.