Grilled Chicken Wilted Salad is a super easy and super flavorful weeknight dinner idea. A splash of red wine vinegar, a sprinkle of olives and pine nuts and you’ve got a very healthy chicken spinach salad.
Healthy Eating During The Week
That’s my MO – so I can splurge on the weekend. 🙂 During the week I try to plan lots of light-meal salads for dinner. They’re salads that contain lean meats, lots of greens and vegetables tossed into a single dish meal with a lively vinaigrette.
Not only are they delicious and healthy, they also make way for weekends filled with cheeseburgers, Italian sausage laden pasta dishes, bacon and egg breakfasts and dare I mention…ice cream topped cinnamon bun bread.
This Grilled Chicken Wilted Salad is one of my favorites. It comes together in about 30 minutes and can practically be made one-handed without having to put down your after work/before dinner glass of wine.
The combination of flavors here are striking thanks to the warm dressing, Kalamata olives and rosemary dusted chicken tenders. And with the techniques of tossing the chicken and onion in olive oil before cooking and finishing by steaming the whole dish covered with a plate, you end up with a nice texture and wonderful warm flavors.
Let’s take a look:
Recipe for Grilled Chicken Wilted Salad
I hope you give this incredibly easy recipe for grilled chicken and spinach wilted salad a try and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite grilled chicken salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Chicken Salad Recipes:
Grilled Chicken Wilted Salad is a super easy and super flavorful weeknight dinner idea. A splash of red wine vinegar, a sprinkle of olives and pine nuts and you've got a very healthy chicken spinach salad.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 medium onion halved lengthwise, cut into thin wedges
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary fresh, crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup olives sliced, pitted Kalamata works good here
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted, or slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat indoor electric grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- In a bowl combine chicken and onions. Toss with two tablespoons of the olive oil, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt.
- Grill chicken and onions on grill rack or in grill pan for ten minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F, and onions are tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a saucepan combine juice; vinegar; and remaining olive oil, pepper and salt. Bring juice mixture just to boiling; remove from heat. Place spinach, olives, pine nuts, chicken, and onions in an extra-large salad bowl; toss to combine. Pour warm dressing over salad mixture. Toss lightly. Cover salad with a large plate for one to two minutes or just until spinach is wilted. Remove plate. Serve immediately. Makes six servings.
Grilled Chicken Wilted Salad …It’s What’s for Dinner.