Pan Fried Chicken Thighs come to the rescue for an easy weeknight meal. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are a breeze to cook. Tender, delicious, creamy and ready in less than 45 minutes. And that creamy lemon sauce = WOW
It’s so easy to get lazy on weeknights. A full day of work can make the thought of preparing an entire meal seem exhausting. Last night was one of those nights.
I’ve just returned from Salt Lake City attending a weekend conference and have been spoiled by some lovely and pampering restaurant meals.
This one pot, easy clean up entree came to the rescue easing me back into reality.
Weeknight cooking life just got easier. This one pot chicken dinner is simply mouthwatering and delicious.
Why Choose Chicken Thighs
You can make this with chicken breasts, but I’m a dark meat fan.
Chicken thighs are where it’s at for me. And they’re easier to cook than breasts, tastier than breasts because they’re less likely to dry out.
And did I mention they have flavor? If you’re stuck in a chicken breast rut, it’s time to get on board with chicken thighs. I think they’re the best part of the bird.
For this recipe, I purchased boneless and skinless. A quick pounding with a meat mallet to even things out, a slight dusting with flour and the rest was tender flavorful history.
I finished the chicken with a lemon cream sauce and simply sided it with some cooked broccoli. Dinner was ready in less than 45 minutes…thank you very much.
I used my smaller 2.75 qt. Le Creuset Dutch Oven, my favorite piece in my kitchen. Don’t know how I lived without it all of these years. 🙂 I’ve provided an affiliate link for your convenience. I am a member of the Amazon Affiliate program and earn a small commission at no extra fee to you.
Pan Fried Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs with Lemon Cream Sauce
I hope you give this fried chicken thighs recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a recipe for boneless pan fried chicken thighs, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Thigh Kebabs with Chile Yogurt Sauce
- Southwestern Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken
- Chicken Cutlets with Jalapeno Orange Sauce and Black Beans
- Curry Roasted Chicken and New Potatoes
Looking for more chicken thigh recipe ideas? Check out my post for the 10 Best Braised Chicken Thigh Recipes
Pan Fried Chicken Thighs With Lemon Cream Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs slightly pounded to even out thickness
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley for garnish.
- Rinse chicken thighs with water and place on cutting board. With a kitchen mallet, slightly pound the thighs to even out the thickness so they’ll cook evenly. Sprinkle both sides with flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a small Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the oil until hot and then add chicken thighs. Cook on both sides until nicely browned. About 4-5 minutes per side. Remove thighs to a plate and cover with the lid or foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion slices and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. In a bowl, combine chicken broth, garlic, red pepper flakes and lemon juice, Add to the hot pan, scraping pan to collect all of the browned chicken bits that have collected on the pan. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter and cream. When the butter has melted add the chicken back into the pot. Stir well to coat the chicken with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Looking for more easy Chicken Dinner Recipes? You won’t want to miss super easy:
One Pot Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce…It’s what’s for Dinner.