Pan fried boneless chicken thighs come to the rescue for an easy weeknight meal. Boneless, skinless thighs cooked stove-top turn crispy, tender and juicy and ready in about 30 minutes. Add an easy creamy lemon sauce for a special feel meal.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs are not only easy to cook, but an inexpensive dinner option. Fried stove top, they are easy to crisp and with that dark meat flavor, a very tasty option over chicken breasts.
This one pot, easy clean up pan fried chicken thigh recipe is one to keep in your back pocket for those hectic weeknight dinner options.
Pan fried boneless chicken thighs are easier to cook than breasts, tastier than breasts because they’re less likely to dry out. This one pot chicken dinner is simply mouthwatering and delicious.
And did I mention they have lots of dark meat flavor? If you’re stuck in a chicken breast rut, it’s time to get on board with chicken thighs. I think they’re the best part of the bird.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Chicken Broth.
- Fresh Parsley.
- Red Pepper Flakes.
Step by Step Instructions
Be sure to see the recipe card below for complete ingredients and instructions.
- Step 1: A quick pounding with a meat mallet will even out the chicken thighs for more uniform cooking.slight dusting with flour and the rest was tender flavorful history.
- Step 2: Sprinkle the chicken thighs with all purpose flour. Shake off any access flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3: Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil until hot and then add chicken thighs. Cook on both sides until nicely browned. About 4-5 minutes per side. Remove thighs to a plate and cover with the lid or foil to keep warm.
- Step 4: In a bowl, combine chicken broth, garlic, red pepper flakes and lemon juice, Add to the hot pan, scraping pan to collect all of the browned chicken bits that have collected on the pan. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Step 5: Remove pan from heat and stir in butter and cream.
- Step 6: When the butter has melted add the chicken back into the pot. Stir well to coat the chicken with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Pro Tip; Hot pan, cold oil. The reason we heat the pan and then add the oil, is to quickly get the oil nice and hot before adding food. Once food hits that oil, you want to immediately hear it sizzle. If the oil isn’t hot enough to sizzle, the food will soak up the oil, which will compromise taste and texture. How to tell if the oil is hot enough? It should appear to “shimmer”. You should be able to see a finger like texture.
- Gluten Free: Dust the chicken with an all purpose gluten free flour to make this a gluten free recipe.
- Chicken Cutlets: Use chicken breast cutlets in place of chicken thighs.
- Good quality skillet. Use a seasoned cast iron skillet or a French Carbon Steel Pan. These pans are designed to sear hot and sear quick without sticking. A non-stick skillet will simply not get hot enough to produce a good browning sear.
- Meat Mallet
Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator. These chicken thighs will keep for 3 – 4 days. To reheat, use an air fryer or oven to keep the thighs crispy. To reheat in an air fryer, preheat to 370 degrees. Cook the thighs for 5 – 7 minutes. To reheat in an oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the thighs in an oven proof pan, a small sheet pan works great here. Heat for about 10 minutes or until warmed.
Pan Fried Boneless Chicken Thighs with Lemon Cream Sauce
Serve these fried boneless chicken thighs with white beans seasoned with rosemary. Or mashed potatoes would be a good choice here. Sprinkle with chopped parsley for presentation.
I hope you give this pan fried boneless chicken thighs recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a recipe for boneless pan fried chicken thighs, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
Looking for more chicken thigh recipe ideas? Check out my post for the Best Braised Chicken Recipes
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Pan Fried Boneless Chicken Thighs With Lemon Cream Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs slightly pounded to even out thickness
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley for garnish.
- Place chicken thighs on a cutting board. With a kitchen mallet, slightly pound the thighs to even out the thickness so they'll cook evenly. Sprinkle both sides with flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a medium to large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil until hot and then add chicken thighs. Cook on both sides until nicely browned. About 4-5 minutes per side. Remove thighs to a plate and cover with the lid or foil to keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, garlic, red pepper flakes and lemon juice, Add to the hot pan, scraping pan to collect all of the browned chicken bits that have collected on the pan. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter and cream. When the butter has melted add the chicken back into the pot. Stir well to coat the chicken with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Pan Fried Boneless Chicken Thighs …It’s what’s for Dinner.