This creamy tortellini pasta salad could possibly be the best pasta salad ever. Really! It’s that good. A wonderful pot luck, crowd pleasing pasta salad with bacon, broccoli and tortellini. With cherry tomatoes and a creamy unique dressing, this one is worth a look.
Grilled burgers, pasta salads, hanging out on the back deck…get your flip-flops on, grab a cold glass of iced tea and Let The Summer Games Begin.
I honestly don’t have a really good pasta salad recipe. I used to. I don’t know what happened to it. I can’t remember what I thought was so darn good about it…I mean really, is there any magic to throwing together a good macaroni salad?
Do you really need a recipe? Well it seems I do, as nothing I “throw together” is impressing me.
So I decided to Google “best pasta salad recipe EVER”. After looking through a few of the results, this one caught my eye, so gave it a try.
I think it showed up in the results because the first few reviewers exclaimed it to be simply the best – EVER.
Let’s take a look at this creamy tortellini pasta salad.
The dressing for this salad
Surprisingly, the dressing for this tortellini salad is simply bottled Coleslaw Dressing.
Could it get any easier than that. The only bottled coleslaw dressing I can find is Hidden Valley. It’s flavor works great for this recipe. I’ve seen that Light House Dressings that you find in the refrigerator section makes a Coleslaw Dressing, but I can’t find it in my area.
And if you really want this finished salad to WOW, use your favorite homemade coleslaw dressing.
If you don’t have a family favorite, take a look at my dressing from my Creamy Classic Cole Slaw post.
This is quite a tasty salad, and, as always, much better after sitting in the fridge overnight, gotta give those ingredients a chance to get to know each other better.
I have taken this cheese tortellini salad to countless pot lucks, BBQ’s and parties. It never fails, someone always asks for the recipe.
Let’s take a look.
Creamy Tortellini Pasta Salad
I hope you give this Cheese Tortellini Salad Recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite pasta salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Looking for more crowd pleasing pasta side dish recipes? You won’t want to miss:
- Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- Rocky Mountain Steak Salad with Penne
- Pasta Chicken Salad Recipe
- Creamy BBQ Ranch Black Bean Pasta Salad
- Pioneer Woman’s Best Macaroni Salad
- Lancaster County Macaroni Salad
And if you’re looking for even more side dishes for picnic style gatherings, don’t miss this line-up of Summer cook-out sides. I’m positive you’ll find something you love.
The Best Pasta Salad Recipe Ever
- 19 ounce package Frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bacon fried and chopped
- 4 cups chopped broccoli cut small
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup bottled coleslaw dressing I could only find one brand – Hidden Valley
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces while still a little warm.
- Place the tortellini, bacon, broccoli, grape tomatoes, and green onions into a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the ingredients, and toss gently to coat. The tortellini are fragile. Chill in refrigerator before serving.