The Best Pasta Salad Ever? No, really … it’s that good. Take a look at this wonderful pot luck, crowd pleasing Summer pasta salad. Salty bacon and sweet onions…always a winner, chewy cheese tortellini with a fresh crunch of broccoli, colored with red tomatoes, with a creamy sweet unique dressing. I’ll let you decide if it’s best.
Grilled burgers, pasta salads, hanging out on the back deck…get your flip-flops on, grab a cold glass of iced tea and Let The Summer Games Begin.
I honestly don’t have a really good pasta salad recipe. I used to. I don’t know what happened to it. I can’t remember what I thought was so darn good about it…I mean really, is there any magic to throwing together a good macaroni salad?
Do you really need a recipe? Well it seems I do, as nothing I “throw together” is impressing me.
So I decided to Google “best pasta salad recipe EVER”. After looking through a few of the results, this one caught my eye, so gave it a try.
I think it showed up in the results because the first few reviewers exclaimed it to be simply the best – EVER.
The dressing for this salad
Surprisingly, the dressing for this tortellini salad is simply bottled Coleslaw Dressing.
Could it get any easier than that. The only bottled coleslaw dressing I can find is Hidden Valley. It’s flavor works great for this recipe. I’ve seen that Light House Dressings that you find in the refrigerator section makes a Coleslaw Dressing, but I can’t find it in my area.
And if you really want this finished salad to WOW, use your favorite homemade coleslaw dressing.
If you don’t have a family favorite, take a look at my dressing from my Creamy Classic Cole Slaw post.
This is quite a tasty salad, and, as always, much better after sitting in the fridge overnight, gotta give those ingredients a chance to get to know each other better.
I have taken this cheese tortellini salad to countless pot lucks, BBQ’s and parties. It never fails, someone always asks for the recipe.
Let’s take a look.
Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
I hope you give this Cheese Tortellini Salad Recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite pasta salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Looking for more crowd pleasing pasta side dish recipes? You won’t want to miss:
- Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- Rocky Mountain Steak Salad with Penne
- Pasta Chicken Salad Recipe
- Creamy BBQ Ranch Black Bean Pasta Salad
- Pioneer Woman’s Best Macaroni Salad
- Lancaster County Macaroni Salad
The Best Pasta Salad Recipe Ever
- 19 ounce package Frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bacon fried and chopped
- 4 cups chopped broccoli cut small
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup bottled coleslaw dressing I could only find one brand – Hidden Valley
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces while still a little warm.
- Place the tortellini, bacon, broccoli, grape tomatoes, and green onions into a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the ingredients, and toss gently to coat. The tortellini are fragile. Chill in refrigerator before serving.