Bobby Flay Texas Burger. Juicy, delicious, topped with slaw and BBQ Sauce. Perfect crowd pleasing burger for your next back yard cookout.
As the official Team Captain for picking meals around here, I must say I don’t know why this Bobby Flay Juicy Texas Burger ended up being my last choice. Don’t you just hate being the last one “picked”???
Bobby Flay Texas Burger. Juicy, delicious, topped with slaw and BBQ Sauce.
You see…I’ve had this recipe in my data base for..oh.. I don’t know…years. Whenever it’s was time to pick an out of the ordinary burger recipe for dinner, I’d slowly study all of the candidates and would always call out someone else’s burger recipe.
Well, a friend of mine has called out a Burger Club Challenge, featuring Chef Bobby Flay burgers. What a great reason to finally give this a try.
The burger: First of all, I’m pretty darn picky about coleslaw. It’s gotta have just the right sweet, sour tangy combo for my liking and was reluctant to try someone else’s recipe.
Oh I know, I could have made my own coleslaw recipe and thrown it on this burger, but with a real celebrity chef involved, I do like to stick to their recipes to make sure I’m experiencing the flavors of the dish just as the chef intended.
I have to admit, Chef Flay’s coleslaw is a nice, no-fuss recipe perfect for this burger.
For the BBQ sauce, choose something bold and smoky for this recipe. The flavor will come through loud and clear and we. thought it paired well with the coleslaw.
For the pickles, I used slices of my homemade sweet and spicy dills.
I followed Chef Flay’s instructions to the T and I must say this is one mighty fine burger and will be my first pick when I’m wanting a fancified burger option.
I loved his tip of glazing the burger with the BBQ Sauce while cooking. I’m rating this Three Stars…Liked and will make it again. I didn’t give it a 4 star rating because I truly love a simple grilled cheeseburger, with a little onion and fresh tomato…and mustard only please.
Recipe for Bobby Flay Texas Burger
I hope you give this Bobby Flay Texas Burger a try. And if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite Texas burger recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Burger Recipes
- Perfect Bison Burgers
- Silver Spur Ranch Blue Cheese Burgers
- Rosemary Garlic Burgers with Smoked Gruyere
And don’t miss my lineup of Best Burgers for Father’s Day. 30+ mouthwatering burger recipes.
Bobby Flay Texas Burger
- For The Slaw
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small onion finely shredded
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 large carrot finely shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- Vegetable oil for rubbing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 hamburger buns split
- Sliced pickles
- Make the Coleslaw: In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the onion, vinegar, sugar and celery seeds. Add the shredded cabbage and carrot, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Let stand until slightly softened, about 25 minutes.
- Make the Burgers: Light a grill. Form the beef into 4 patties; rub with oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear over high heat, turning once, for 5 minutes for medium-rare. Brush with 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce and grill until glazed, about 1 minute per side.
- Grill the buns and brush them with the remaining barbecue sauce. Top with the burgers, pickles and coleslaw and serve.
Bobby Flay Texas Burger: Flay created this recipe for his wife, Stephanie March, “a Texan who loves brisket and coleslaw.”
A Juicy Texas Burger…It’s What’s For Dinner when a Plain Ol Burger just isn’t enough.