A little heat from diced jalapeno and a savory kick from A-1 steak sauce, a killer combo for an exciting burger. This Jalapeno Steak Sauce for Burgers is a must have recipe for your Summer Cookouts.
What are your favorite flavor additions to spruce up plain old grilled burgers?
We’ve been experimenting and with warmer weather, our grill has officially come out of hibernation. Just in time for these jalapeno steak sauce burgers.
As you know, with a Christmas gift of a grilling class at a local cooking school, we now have another cook in the house. Bob has been experimenting with different grilled hamburger recipes and when talking with friend Shera she quickly shared her husband’s favorite recipe. Sounded so delicious and we had to give it a try.
Jalapeno Sauce for Burgers Using Steak Sauce
We’ve always been fans of A-1 Steak Sauce. And to pour a couple of tablespoons into ground beef was an easy request for us.
Just take a couple of tablespoons of A-1 sauce and a pound of 80-20 ground beef and you’ve got one legendary burger. And with the addition of diced jalapeno and diced onion, what’s not to love.
Make sure you dice those vegetables as small as you can. We referred to this as find dice in Culinary School. Larger chunks of veggies can make that burger a little looser and it can tend to fall apart.
You can most certainly stop and enjoy this burger as is, but don’t hesitate to top it with some lettuce, a slice of white cheddar American Cheese, and even a lovely slice of fresh garden tomato.
Recipe for A-1 Jalapeno Steak Sauce Burger
I hope you give this A-1 Steak Sauce burger a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Bob actually thought this might be his favorite recipe so far. Me? You could mix ground beef with sawdust and I’d love it…I just flat-out love any grilled burger.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite recipe using A-1 Steak Sauce, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Great Burger Recipes
- Bison Burger with Smoky Smoky BBQ Cream Sauce ground bison and Mexican chorizo seasoned with Southwestern flavors and topped with a smoky BBQ cream sauce and caramelized red pepper rings
- Silver Spur Ranch Blue Cheese Burgers Juicy and full of flavor, this Western style blue cheese burger is absolutely mouthwateringly delicious.
- Bobby Flay Texas Burger Recipe Juicy, delicious, topped with slaw and BBQ Sauce. Perfect crowd pleasing burger for your next back yard cookout.
And the most popular burger post on my site, a round up of 31 of the Best Burger Recipes for Father’s Day.
Jalapeno Steak Sauce Burger
- 1 jalapeno fine diced deseeded and deveined
- 1/4 onion fine diced
- 2 tablespoons A-1 Steak Sauce
- 2/3 pound ground beef 80/20 blend
- white cheddar cheese and yellow mustard for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together jalapeno, onion and steak sauce.
- Gently fold ingredients into the ground beef and form into patties. Place patties in the freezer for about 30 minutes to help everything to stay together on the grill.
- Heat grill to 500 degrees. Turn heat down and when it reaches 350 place burgers on the hot grill. Grill 5 – 6 minutes per side.
- Garnish. White Cheddar Cheese and yellow mustard works great for the flavor of these burgers.
Jalapeno Steak Sauce Burgers … It’s What’s For Dinner.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.