Chicken Thigh Kebabs on the grill! This is sweet and Smoky, simple and tasty This is an easy grilled chicken thigh kebabs recipe, with a fantastic dipping sauce.
Easy weeknight meals
I need more of these in my life, so I’ve been making an effort to seek out and collect ideas. It’s silly to be scratching your head around 4:00 in the afternoon wondering what’s going to be on the dinner table in a timely fashion. I’ve started a Pinterest board for easy reference and I’m bound and determined to have an organized and take-out free dinner life.
It Must Meet My Criteria
My criteria is simple. Prep plus cook time must be less than an hour and the food must be incredible with flavor. This chicken thigh kebob with chile yogurt sauce goes above and beyond. Chunks of boneless, skinless thighs are marinated in a paprika, lemon and oil mixture for fifteen minutes and then grilled for about the same amount of time. The chile yogurt sauce comes together with little more than a few whisks to blend flavors and before you know it you’re enjoying a delicious and quick chicken kabob entree.
The move continues to “move” along. Boxes are disappearing and belongings are finding their way into spaces. There have been some challenges with some of those spaces and my my spice collection proved to be a “situation.” My old kitchen had room enough for one complete cupboard to store tins and jars full of any spice my heart desired. I could only find one drawer to dedicate here at the new place.
We’re fortunate to have a Container Store just a few miles away. Elfa carries a hanging door unit that can be customized with a selection of basket sizes that easily snap onto an upright rod. It works like a charm. The door mount system is surprisingly sturdy. It holds heavy bottles of vinegar and oils (big baskets on the bottom), cans of vegetables (medium baskets in the middle) and spices (small baskets towards the top). I’m so pleased with it’s design…it’s an incredible way to save space and organize, and the best part is no nails or screws are used to support the unit. As you can see, I have have four shelves for my spices. Thank you Elfa. And, I love their on-line center that helps you pre-design the space.
Now, back to pre-designing my weeknight dinner meals. I hope you give this recipe a try. Sweet and smoky, simple and tasty, we thought this was wonderful.
Recipe for Chicken Thigh Kebabs with Chile Yogurt Sauce
I hope you give this Chicken Thigh Kebabs recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite chicken thigh kebabs recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
And if you’re a chicken thigh fan like me, you won’t want to miss: One Pan Crispy Chicken Thighs in Tomatillo Wine Sauce.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 8 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 3/4 ) cut into 3 pieces
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Lemon wedges for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of the olive oil with the paprika. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cayenne, crushed red pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Light a grill. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper and thread 3 pieces onto each of 8 skewers. Oil the grate and grill the chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the skewers to a serving platter and serve with the yogurt sauce and lemon wedges.
Looking for more Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipes? Take a look at:
Chicken Thigh Kebabs with Chile Yogurt Sauce … It’s what’s for Dinner.