Baby Kale Salad with apples topped with a sweet and tangy cider dressing. The combination of textures and flavors work perfectly. This is a lovely fall kale salad that will easily pair with about any Fall entree you’re serving.
Next Door Eatery has opened its doors in Central Park here in Highlands Ranch and last month I was invited to attend the grand opening. We were treated to guacamole and chips, tomato soup, house made hummus and Cuban sandwiches. Delicious!
They also shared this recipe for Baby Kale Salad … so perfect for a Fall side dish.
It’s a perfect example of the clever and wholesome recipes that is so easy to make in your own kitchen.
This recipe combines ingredients and textures that work beautifully together.
The tart crunch of Granny Smith Apples, the mild and slightly peppery flavor of baby kale, and the creamy cheese are a perfect base for the tart sweet vinaigrette. The cheese used in this salad is local feta, from Jumpin’ Good Goat Dairy in Buena Vista, CO.
It was a pleasure to learn about tender baby kale, and for this salad to be successful, it is a necessity. I’ve only cooked with the tougher mature variety, which can prove to be a bit ornery to tame.
Both are nutritious powerhouses, but the smaller leaves of baby kale are much more delicate than mature kale.
And both the small stems and leaves of baby kale are edible. It features a more delicate flavor than the grown up variety.
Give this Baby kale salad a try.
Recipe for Baby Kale Salad with Cider Vinaigrette:
I hope you give this Baby Kale and Salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
More Fresh Green Salad Recipes
And if you’re salad fans like us, don’t miss my post on 9 Secrets To A Remarkable Tossed Salad. A step by step guide on how to make the best tossed salad ever.
And don’t miss the most popular salad dressing recipes on my site for Homemade Thick and Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.
Baby Kale Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic pressed through a garlic press or fine diced.
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 tablespoon fresh whole leaf parsley fine chopped
- for the dressing
- 4 tablespoons Apple cider or apple juice
- 4 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon honey
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 granny smith apples cut in slices
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle the chopped garlic into your salad bowl. Rub the garlic into the bottom and sided of bowl. Add the olive oil to the bowl.
- Wash greens well and dry. Place the kale and parsley into the bowl on top of the oil and mix until all leaves are coated with the oil.
- Pour the apple juice and vinegar in a bowl, add the salt and several generous turns of black pepper, add honey and stir until the salt dissolves. Shake or whisk to recombine.
- Pour this mixture over the greens and toss until combined.
- Add apple slices. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and feta. Serve immediately.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.