Sweet peaches mixed with a white wine shallot vinaigrette then served with creamy Burrata. A beautiful salad for peach season and a salad that will compliment almost any entree.
Peaches, the last luxury of Summer. Warm days and cool nights on our Colorado Western slope is a perfect recipe for delicious chin-dripping juicy peaches. I’ve had a case of these beauties in the refrigerator for just about a week now, and we’re savoring every bite.
I planned a little six person dinner party and my late Summer celebration menu consisted of grilled New York strip steaks, Hatch Chile Potato Salad and this easy Peach and Burrata Salad.
It needs to be said, burrata is the creamiest, richest best piece of dairy you can get your hands on. Burrata which means butter in Italian, is fresh mozzarella mixed with cream. It gets even better, mozzarella curd scraps are stuffed into the inside a ball of fresh mozzarella, topped off with fresh cream, then the whole package is sealed up by twisting the mozzarella together in a little knot. Burrata shines on it’s own, so you want to keep recipes pretty simple.
For this salad, I simply sliced fresh peaches, gathered them around the burrata which I broke open. Sprinkled with pickled shallot, some lime zest and salt and pepper and garnished with fresh basil leaves and you’ve got a wonderful treat.
More Peach Salad Recipes
Peach and Burrata Salad
- 8 ounces burrata
- 2 peaches thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves green and purple
- 2 shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- Zest of one lime
- Toss shallots, vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 15 minutes or more. Then slice peaches and toss with some of the pickling liquid.
- Place burrata on a plate and slightly tear open at the center. Arrange the sliced peaches around the burrata, decorate with basil and sprinkle on the pickled shallots. Drizzle with oil and about 1 tablespoon reserved pickling liquid. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on lime zest.
Peach and Burrata Salad …. It’s what’s for Dinner.