This recipe for Butter Lettuce Salad with Peaches and Pistachio Vinaigrette and topped with shaved Manchego cheese is a perfect fresh peach Summer salad for your next Grilled Steak Dinner.
Isn’t butter lettuce just gorgeous? The shades of green, the velvety soft and tender leaves. Tender enough for a delicate salad and tough enough to hold up for chicken lettuce wraps with almonds and chutney. A butter leaf salad is perfect in my book.
The pistachio vinaigrette is thick and luxurious using a peeled and pitted peach, pistachio meats, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and, of course, olive oil.
The salad is fresh and colorful with sweet peaches, a few orange mini-tomatoes and topped with some nutty flavored shaved Manchego cheese. What an impressive gathering of flavors and textures.
Pro Tip: The Certified Cheese Specialist at Whole Foods suggested I pick a younger Manchego, one aged less than three months. He advised the flavor would be saltier and nuttier and a better compliment to the flavor combination.
This salad was a perfect pair with our favorite Lemon/Lime Salmon dinner. Let’s take a look.
Looking for more recipes using fresh peaches? You might want to take a look at:
And if you’re salad fans like us, don’t miss my post on 9 Secrets To A Remarkable Tossed Salad. A step by step guide on how to make the best tossed salad ever.
Recipe for Butter Lettuce Salad with Pistachio Vinaigrette
I hope you give this pistachio peach salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Peaches and Pistachio Vinaigrette
- 3 fresh peaches divided
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 heads butter lettuce rinsed, dried, roughly chopped and chilled
- ½ cup Manchego cheese shaved
- 1 cup pistachio nutmeats divided
- mini orange tomatoes optional
- For the vinaigrette, peel and pit one fresh peach and place in a blender. Add olive oil, salt, sugar, and vinegar and blend to combine. Once smooth, turn off the blender and add mustard and ½ cup of pistachio nutmeats. Pulse the blender a few times to emulsify, leaving pieces of the pistachios intact.
- Place the cold lettuce in a serving bowl and sprinkle the shaved cheese and remaining pistachios on top. Pit and slice the remaining two fresh peaches and add to the salad. Serve the dressing on the side or toss lightly just before serving, as butter lettuce will quickly wilt once dressed.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Peaches and Pistachio Vinaigrette …It’s what’s for Dinner.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.