If you’re looking for fresh peach recipes, this is a recipe for a beautiful butter lettuce peach salad with pistachios and a peach pistachio vinaigrette. Top with shaved Manchego cheese makes this a perfect fresh peach Summer salad for your next grilled steak dinner.
Isn’t butter lettuce just gorgeous? The shades of green, the velvety soft and tender leaves. Tender enough for a delicate salad and tough enough to hold up for chicken lettuce wraps with almonds and chutne. It’s perfect in my book.
I’m still up to my ears in Colorado Western Slope peaches and I happened upon this recipe from a Georgia peach website. What a great salad recipe. The vinaigrette is thick and luxurious using a peeled and pitted peach, pistachio meats, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and, of course, olive oil. The salad is fresh and colorful with sweet peaches, a few orange mini-tomatoes and topped with some nutty flavored shaved Manchego cheese. What an impressive gathering of flavors and textures.
The Certified Cheese Specialist at Whole Foods suggested I pick a younger Manchego, one aged less then three months. He advised the flavor would be saltier and nuttier and a better compliment to the flavor combination.
This salad was a perfect pair with our favorite Lemon/Lime Salmon dinner. Let’s take a look.
Looking for more recipes using fresh peaches? You might want to take a look at:
- Fresh Peach Curd Tart
- Peach and Burrata Salad
- Vanilla Roasted Peaches with Mascarpone and Raspberries
- Grilled Peach Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
Recipe for Butter Lettuce Peach Salad
I hope you give this pistachio peach salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite fresh peach recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
- 2 heads butter lettuce rinsed, dried, roughly chopped and chilled
- ½ cup shaved Manchego cheese
- 1 cup pistachio nutmeats divided
- 3 fresh peaches
- mini orange tomatoes optional
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- For the vinaigrette, peel and pit one peach and place in a blender. Add olive oil, salt, sugar, and vinegar and blend to combine. Once smooth, turn off the blender and add mustard and ½ cup of pistachio nutmeats. Pulse the blender a few times to emulsify, leaving pieces of the pistachios intact.
- Place the cold lettuce in a serving bowl and sprinkle the shaved cheese and remaining pistachios on top. Pit and slice the remaining two peaches and add to the salad. Serve the dressing on the side or toss lightly just before serving, as butter lettuce will quickly wilt once dressed.
Butter Lettuce Peach Salad with Peach Pistachio Vinaigrette …It’s what’s for Dinner.