This is a recipe for Lemon Lime Salmon. A super easy baked salmon recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. And so delicious you’ll want to serve it to guests.
You want to know how easy this recipe is? It’s such an easy fix that you can prepare this at an altitude of 10,000 feet at a rustic Colorado campsite, after having three glasses of high alcohol content red wine, on an empty stomach…nuff said.
Of course I must admit I did some pre-prep at a home altitude of 5,280 feet, with no wine, before traveling to said 10,000 foot camping site. I mean you have to know the ins and outs of this high altitude, no oxygen camping business folks. (wink)
I really have no problem with recipes or meals that take a couple of hours of tinkering, fussing, adjusting, tasting, more fussing and tinkering…but you can’t beat a “quick middle of the week, I’m tired from working all day” easy meal. This is one of those.
I’ve had this recipe for too many years to count. I was watching a salmon demonstration one Saturday afternoon at a local supermarket. The fish counter guy was searing a chunk of salmon filet that had been topped with a sprinkle of cumin, some lemon zest, a slice of lemon and topped with a pat of butter. So over the years it’s evolved into this.
And a simple lemon butter sauce for dipping makes this a tasty little dish… let’s take a look.
Recipe for Lemon Lime Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce
I hope you give this easy lemon lime salmon recipe a try, and if you do please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite easy salmon recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Salmon Dinner Recipes
- Sauteed Salmon with Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Peach Jam Glazed Salmon
- Mexican Salmon with Salsa Verde
And if you’re looking for more seafood recipes, don’t miss the most popular fish recipe on my site, Heavenly Halibut. Topped with mayo and Parmesan cheese, it’s well … heavenly. And check out my Seafood category for more ideas.
Lemon Lime Salmon with Lemon Butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic — minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter — softened
- 3/4 pound salmon filets or steaks
- Zest the lemon and lime, then thinly slice 1/2 of each. Juice the other halves. Combine 2 Tablespoons of the lemon/lime juice, cumin, garlic and olive oil.
- Place salmon on a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle with some of the lime and lemon zest, and pour the lemon-lime juice mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then arrange lemon and lime slices over the filet. Wrap up with the parchment paper. Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until fish is flaky and done.
- Mix butter, remaining juice and peel in a bowl. Microwave for a few seconds to melt.
Lemon Lime Salmon …It’s What’s for Saturday Dinner.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.