Vanilla Roasted Peaches is a beautiful and easy Summer peach dessert recipe. Peaches are roasted in a vanilla butter sauce then placed in an angel food dessert cup and topped with mascarpone cheese. Garnished with raspberries and mint = restaurant quality easy baked peaches dessert.
Colorado Western Slope Peaches are making abundant appearance in our grocery stores, farmer’s markets and our kitchen. Beautiful fuzzy fruit full of wonderful juicy flavor.
We’ve been cherishing every single bite. With our record-breaking hot summer temperatures and traditional Colorado cool evenings, this year’s crop has seemed even better than ever.
Why We Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for Desserts with Mascarpone Cheese, and sweet mascarpone recipes you’ve got to give this baked peaches recipe a try.
This easy dessert is one of my favorite things to make during peach season.
Simple fresh flavors that work so well together. Caramelized peaches flavored with vanilla, lemon and butter and topped with a big dollop of creamy mascarpone cheese most certainly makes for a wonderful treat.
Where I Learned To Make This Recipe
Years ago, Whole Foods Market was serving up bite-sized servings of this roasted peaches dessert during an in-store demo for easy desserts using fresh peaches. Quite a frenzied crowd had gathered, but with persistence, I managed to get a dribble by dribble description of how to make this at home.
Easy to make, let’s take a look:
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Fresh Raspberries
- Fresh Peach Halves
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Dessert Shells
- Raspberries. Substitute strawberries, blueberries or blackberries for the raspberries.
- Sugar: For a richer vanilla butter sauce, substitute brown sugar or even maple syrup for the granulated white sugar.
- Mascarpone Cheese: Substitute whipped cream or Cool Whip for the Mascarpone. A dollop of vanilla ice cream would also be a sweet treat. Try Greek Yogurt for a healthier option.
- Dessert Shells: You can also use a slice of Angel Food Cake in place of the Dessert Shells.
Roasted Peaches with Mascarpone – How To
- Step 1: Preheat that oven. We’re going to get that oven nice and toasty to caramelize the peaches. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 2: Prepare the vanilla flavoring for the peaches In a shallow baking dish or baking sheet pan, combine melted butter, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla. Add peeled and pitted peaches and turn to coat with butter mixture. Arrange, cut side down in a single layer.
- Step 3: Baby those peaches Roast until peaches are tender and cooking liquid is syrupy, 15 – 20 min, brushing with cooking liquid halfway through.
How To Build This Dessert
- Step 1: Place the vanilla dessert shells on dessert plates.
- Step 2: Place a roasted peach cut side up on each dessert shell.
- Step 3: Top each peach with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.
- Step 4: Drizzle each dessert with a big spoonful of the vanilla butter sauce from the baking pan.
Finish the dessert by garnishing with a mint leaf and sprinkle fresh raspberries around the dessert shell. Sprinkle a few dots of the vanilla butter syrup along the perimeter of the dessert shell.
Fill a medium sauce pan 3/4 way full with water. Bring water to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Lower ripe peaches into the simmering water and blanch them for 1 minute. Remove peaches from the water, place in an ice bath and the skins will fall right off.
These baked peaches will store easily and are delicious the next day. Place roasted peaches in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 – 4 days. Microwave them individually for about 30 seconds to warm them up.
You can roast the peaches up to a couple of days in advance. Store the peaches and the syrup in an air tight container. Either bring the peaches and syrup to room temperature, or microwave in 15 second increments until the syrup is back to melted stage and peaches are warm. Proceed with the recipe.
Recipe for Roasted Peaches with Mascarpone Cheese
I hope you give this easy mascarpone dessert with baked peaches recipe a try. It’s a lovely fresh peach recipe for entertaining. And it’s easy.
More Peach Dessert Recipes
And if you’re looking for more dessert recipes, don’t miss my dessert category. You’ll find lots of great recipes to satisfy that sweet tooth, including the most popular dessert recipe on my site for Cream Cheese Flan.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Vanilla Roasted Peaches with Mascarpone and Raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole peaches firm/ripe/halved
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 1 pint raspberries
- 4 Vanilla dessert shells
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large shallow baking dish combine butter, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla. Add peaches and turn to coat with butter mixture. Arrange, cut side down in a single layer.
- Roast until peaches are tender and cooking liquid is syrupy and starting to turn a golden color. 15 – 20 min. Brush with vanilla butter sauce halfway through.
- Place a roasted peach in a dessert shell. Fill the center with a dollop of room temperature mascarpone cheese. Drizzle some of the vanilla butter sauce. Garnish with mint leaves and scatter a few raspberries around the dessert shell.
Vanilla Roasted Peaches with Mascarpone and Raspberries…It’s What’s for Dessert.