The parade of peaches continues, but this time no clever play on names for this recipe, it’s just straight forward delicious.
We love this peach ice cream recipe, and the part I love most is leaving small chunks of peaches for the final freeze. The end result is great bites of frozen flavor nestled in the creamy mixture.
This may beour favorite ice cream of the season.
If you love making homemade ice cream recipes like we do, you won’t want to miss this recipe for Lemon Ice Cream.
Homemade Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 peaches peeled and chopped
- Warm the milk in a small pan. Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a separate bowl. Slowly add warm milk to sugar mixture continuing to whisk. Pour mixture back in the pan and heat slowly until thickened, stirring constantly. It should look like very liquid pudding. Do not boil! Let cool to room temperature add cream, and vanilla. Chill overnight.
- Add peaches and stir well
- Follow directions on ice cream maker for churning.