This Cherry Delight Recipe is an easy no-bake cream cheese dessert recipe. Cherry Pie filling brings a beautiful red color making it a perfect dessert for Christmas or Valentines Day. So delicious, you simply can’t have just one helping.
I hope this post finds everyone basking in the wonderful Holiday Season. I picture all of you enjoying the postmortem of the season; browsing through new cookbooks, playing with gifted electronics, fiddling with new kitchen gadgets, grazing on leftovers and most importantly, enjoying family. I know one thing for sure, I don’t remember feeling one single hunger pang since before Thanksgiving.
One of my gifts under the tree this year was a Cowboy Studio Umbrella Lighting Kit. What this means is that over the next few months of winter, I no longer have to have dinner prepared by 3:00 in the afternoon in order to get a decent food photo. The photo above is the first photo I’ve taken using the lights.
It’s my Cherry Delight Recipe. I served it at the Christmas Eve family dinner. I thought it would be rather rude to usher family members to the table surrounded by umbrella stands with 1200 watt of light staring down at the feast. So in good taste, I staged this the next day.
I’m pleased and look forward to using the lights after dark in our dimly lit dining room. Hubs will understand.
Pre-slicing and pre-lighting system
Making Cream Cheese Cherry Delight Recipe
I’ve had this recipe for 100 years. It’s one of those oldies-but-goodies that probably came off of either a Cool Whip container or a package of Cream Cheese. It’s really so so so very good.
The only baking part of this recipe is making the graham cracker crust. From that point, Cherry Delight is a no-bake dessert that everyone will love. And oh-so easy.
How to Build this Cream Cheese Cherry Dessert
- Start by making the graham cracker crust by combining melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and brown sugar. Press it into your pie shell and bake for 7 minutes. Then refrigerate until cool and set.
- Spread 1/2 of the Cool Whip over the graham cracker crust.
- Combine room temperature cream cheese and pecans together. Gently spread it over the Cool Whip . I find that placing dollops of this on top of the Cool Whip works well. Then using the back of a spoon carefully move it around so the cream cheese mixture fills in to cover.
- Then add the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the rest of the Cool Whip and with the back of a spoon, spread it to cover the top.
- Sprinkle with crumbled graham crackers.
- Chill over night.
NOTE: Double this recipe and use a 9 x 11 baking dish to make a larger dessert to feed a crowd.
The end result is an absolutely wonderful combination of flavors. And thanks to the cream cheese and pecans, not too overly sweet.
And its beautiful red and white color is perfect for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. Actually, I make this year round. It’s a crowd pleaser.
Recipe for Cherry Delight Dessert
I hope you give this cream cheese cherry dessert, “Cherry Delight” recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite no-bake cherry dessert recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Holiday Worthy Desserts
- Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
- Chile Chocolate Cake
- Orange Pound Cake with Sugared Cranberries
- Creme Fraiche Cranberry Pear Tart
- Ricotta Chocolate Custard with Raspberry Sauce
- Cherry Almond Food with Brown Sugar
Cherry Delight, Cream Cheese Cherry Dessert
- For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs 10 sheets of of Graham Crackers
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 7 Tablespoons butter melted
- For the Cherry Delight Dessert
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 Cup pecans chopped
- 21 ounce Canned Cherry Pie Filling
- 8 ounce Cool Whip Original
- In a food processor, grind the graham crackers into a consistent granulated state. Add the sugars and pulse to combine.
- Press crust into a 9" pie pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. And then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cream together cream cheese and pecans.
- Spread a layer of Cool Whip on chilled and firm pie crust.
- Top with the cream cheese and pecan mixture.
- Next spread on the Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling. I didn't quite use the whole can.
- Top with a nice thick layer of cool whip. Sprinkle top with unprepared graham cracker crumbs from the box.
- Chill overnight.
Cherry Delight Recipe …It’s what’s for a Christmas Dessert.