Churros Cheesecake Bars. With a Shortbread Crust, a layer of Cheesecake and a Cinnamon Sugar Topping, These Mexican Cheesecake Bars are fab and I mean f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s
Not a lot of desserts come out of this meat and potato kitchen here on the Ranch. But due to a planned 4th of July kabob-athon party that included two of my favorite six and eight year old boys, I thought it wise to have a kid type dessert on the menu.
I’ve had this recipe pinned to make for quite some time, compliments of Holly over at A Baker’s House. Have you ever paid her blog a visit? Holly lives right here in Denver and is a very confident baker. Great site that would behoove you to subscribe to. And thank you Holly for this recipe.
With my love for Mexican food, you bet I’ve had my share of bites of Churros. A fried dough pastry with cinnamon and sugar which is just a little too sweet for my taste.
But take that flavor combination and add cream cheese and a shortcake crust and WOW. You’ve got a churros cheesecake dessert. And it brought back memories of all that cinnamon toast that I gobbled down as a kid.
I also made these in anticipation to our recent trip to the Steamboat Springs area. I thought I’d save out a couple of these for the road.
These were a big hit! The shortbread crust is a perfect to tame the sweetness of the other ingredients. They are creamy, super easy and super addictive.
Recipe For Churros Cheesecake Bars
I hope you give these Churros Cheesecake Bars a try and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with this recipe.
And if you have a favorite churros cheesecake style recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Dessert Bar Recipes
- Orange Slice Bars, An old fashioned recipe using orange slice candy wedges. If you’re a fan of orange slice candies, you’re going to go crazy over these chewy bars.
- Almond Chambord Raspberry Bars, These raspberry dessert bars are made with raspberry jam, Chambord liqueur and are complimented by slivered almonds and a buttery almond flavored short-bread type crust.
- Orange Chile Brownies, A super easy Mexican brownie recipe using a box mix, then adding some chili spice and citrus oil. The result is a brownie that’s over the top delicious.
And if you’re looking for more dessert recipes, don’t miss my Dessert Category. You’ll find lots of recipes to satisfy that sweet tooth, including the most popular dessert recipe on my site for Cream Cheese Flan Recipe. Another wonderful Mexican dessert.
Churros Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened, 2-8 ounce packages
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13 pan with parchment.
- In a food processor combine the 1 1/2 cups butter, 2 1/2 cups flower, 1 cup sugar and 2 Tablespoons cornstarch. Pulse until the dough comes together nearly in a ball. Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minute or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the cinnamon sugar in a small bowl. Use about half of the mixture to top the shortbread. The shortbread will not be cooled yet– that is fine and even helpful because the cinnamon sugar layer will melt into it and adhere more easily. Set the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture aside.
- Now create the cheesecake layer: with an electric mixer or a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth then add in the egg and vanilla. Make sure your egg is at room temperature before adding or else your mixture will break apart and appear to curdle. Pour the smooth cheesecake mixture into the pan. It may be easier to scoop out the mixture and to place small lumps of it over the pan then use a spatula to even out the layer. Top the bars with the remaining cinnamon sugar to completely cover the cheesecake layer.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely then refrigerate before cutting and serving.
Churros Cheesecake Bars … They’re what’s for Dessert.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.