This is a recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Salad, loaded with bacon and sour cream. Everyone will say “Yes Please” A perfect potato salad recipe for a picnic, back-yard BBQ party and a perfect side dish for anything grilled, steak, burgers, chicken …
I’m pretty picky about my potato salads. I have my long time family recipe that I refer to as my Classic Potato Salad. I can make it in my sleep and I swear it’s the only “way”. I’ve made it for a hundred years.
Sometimes I feel the need to experiment. Especially when I hear there’s bacon involved in that experiment. Why not a loaded baked potato salad. Rich, creamy and fantastic. My husband, who loves my old fashioned mayonnaise and mustard version of potato salad said, and I quote “Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if you made it like this all the time.” You can’t lose with sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese and crumbled bacon.
So, want to feel just a little more welcome at your next back yard BBQ, pot luck, roof top gathering party? Offer to bring this unique potato salad version. It will go perfect with any burger, rib or brisket or BBQ chicken recipe any of your friends will be serving up.
Everyone loves a good potato salad, especially this girl.
Recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Salad
I hope you give this Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite potato salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes red skinned or Yukon gold
- 3/4 cup sour cream heaping
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise heaping
- 8 slices bacon thick cut cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the potatoes into oversized bite-sized pieces. Cover with water and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain in a colander and let sit for 10 more minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, most of the cheese, and most of the bacon (reserve some cheese and bacon for topping) in a serving bowl. Pour warm potatoes into the bowl and very gently mix until evenly combined.
- Top with the extra shredded cheese and bacon and serve.
Looking for other potato salad ideas? How about:
Loaded Baked Potato Salad …It’s what’s for a Picnic.