This is a recipe for Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad. The flavors of blue cheese and bacon flavor this potato salad that’s great for any pot luck, back yard BBQ or picnic. A creamy and delicious potato side dish that will wow your crowd. Give this one a try, it’s creamy, tart and perfect.
Spring has sprung and that means dusting off the grill for a steak or burgers and stirring up some Classic Potato Salad or my Creamy Classic Crunchy Cole Slaw. And one thing that’s fun about grilling is the opportunity to take a step out of that box and try new BBQ side dishes. Being very proud of my original potato salad recipe, this is a big step out of that box for me. And a delicious one at that.
Who can argue with potatoes, bacon, sour cream and blue cheese, It’s a far cry from my mayonnaise, celery and mustard version, but will make it’s way into my permanent data base and on my table many times this Summer. What great creamy flavors.
Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad has quickly become one of our favorite Summer side dishes. Flavor partners bacon and blue cheese pair wonderfully with potatoes and with a mayo and vinegar dressing, the rest is history.
As far as what brand of blue cheese to use? I always reach for Maytag Blue Cheese. Maytag blue cheese probably doesn’t know I’m alive so didn’t pay me to mention them. I just happen to prefer the flavor and texture of the brand.
This Summer side dish is delicious with this Buffalo Burger Recipe with Smoky BBQ Sauce, or Grilled Flank Steak with Charred Caramelized Sweet Corn, or even our Best Grilled Chicken.
Looking for more Summer Salads?
- Hearty Pea Salad
- The Best Pasta Salad Ever
- Pioneer Woman’s Best Macaroni Salad
- Old Fashioned Lancaster County Macaroni Salad
- Avocado Potato Salad
Maybe Some Fresh Summer Salads?
Recipe for Blue Cheese Potato Salad
I hope you give this Blue Cheese Potato Salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite potato salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Blue Cheese Potato Salad
- 10-12 new potatoes cooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk or mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- 3 eggs hard cooked and chopped
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- This is one of those toss in and mix it up recipes. Just don’t toss it all together too long before you serve it or the almonds might get a bit soft. Change the measurements around to suit yourself. Use a different kind of nuts or cheese or salami instead of bacon. Really, it’s that forgiving a recipe!
Looking for more potato salad ideas? How about: