Try this all-star, easy-to-follow recipe for Grilled Sweet Potato Fries with Lime and Cilantro from Bobby Flay. Perfectly tender on the inside and crispy on the out.
I just discovered grilling potatoes last summer and am loving every crispy smoky slice I’ve plated.
Wanting to try grilling sweet potatoes, and wanting to make grilled sweet potato fries, I Googled and the top recipe was from Bobby Flay Sweet Potato
I saw absolutely no reason to look any further. Bobby Flay recipes never disappoint and I thought the lime and cilantro were a perfect combination for the sweet flavor of sweet potatoes.
This somewhat put me in mind of one of the delicious Mexican snow cones I had in Tucson.
Sweet, salty, spicy and limey. How can you go wrong with that combination?
Recipe for Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
I hope you give this recipe for grilled sweet potatoes a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite grilled sweet potato recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
What to serve with Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
- Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken Kabobs, the sweet and savory flavor of these grilled chicken kabobs is an excellent compliment for grilled sweet potato fries.
- The Best Grilled Pork Tenderloin, The sweet chile glaze is absolutely wonderful!
- Ultimate Grilled Shrimp, An easy grilled shrimp recipe with lots of butter, a splash of basil and lemon.
Bobby Flay Grilled Sweet Potato Fries, with Lime and Cilantro
- 2 medium sweet potatoes unpeeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon New Mexico Chile Powder or cayenne
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Directions Par-cook the potatoes: Place in a pot of water and boil until fork-tender; let cool.
- Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths. Preheat a grill to medium or place a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat.
- Mix 1 tablespoon salt, the lime zest and chile powder in a small bowl.
- Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides (including the skin) and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
Bobby Flay’s Grilled Sweet Potato Fries with Lime and Cilantro …It’s What’s for a Summer Side Dish