Mahi Mahi in Mustard Tarragon Sauce

Sear two Mahi Mahi Filets over medium high heat about four minutes per side.

In the meantime, combine 1/2 cup honey mustard, a good dollop of Dijon and add some drained capers and a generouos sprinkle of dried tarragon.  Heat on low.

Drizzle tarragon honey mustard over fish and serve with your favorite sides.

Pictured is a tossed salad with vinaigrette and Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill pita wedges and hummus.

Comments

These are my favorite posts on food blogs!!! After the beef we had last night, I was thinking fish was in order for tonight and I think I just found my recipe – thanks Lea Ann – I even have hummus in the fridge for the side!

• Lea Ann says

Kirsten, I bought the Mahi Mahi from Whole Foods frozen section. It may not make your non imported list. I should check the package next time because I do like to boycott items from Canada. I have a HUGE issue with clubbing baby seals. My stomach turns every time I think about it.

I have just a precious little sprig of tarragon still growing in my herb pot from summer. This sounds like the perfect way to use it. I’ve had a craving for fish lately. This sounds so good.

Well there you have it! You know I love these posts from you. Anything I can pull together with ease like this is a life saver on most ‘school nights’. Thank you for another clear winner!

• Lea Ann says

Thanks Toni. I happen to love these too. As you know I got the idea to blog these from Duo restaurant and those place mats. My hectic work schedule demands these mid week easy meals.

Mahi mahi was on our menu a LOT when we lived in the islands. When they start running from the south to the north in the Atlantic, they practically jump in your boat when you’re fishing.

Love mustard and tarragon together – fabulous combination and the flavors just pop.Thanks for this recipe Lea Ann. A keeper for sure!

That looks so delicious! I never use tarragon and for the life of me, I don’t know why! Now I want to mix these flavors together just to see what I’m missing. :) Beautiful picture.

6. Care's Kitchen says

OK…made this and LOVED it! I used Mahi Mahi and mixed together my honey, mustard, horseradish sauce like we discussed until I got the flavor I was looking for…DELICIOUS and the capers brought it all together! We ate late that night and it was such a breeze to cook the fish and cover w/the sauce (that I had made earlier in the evening)…husband loved it!!!! Thanks Lea Ann!!!

• Lea Ann says

I’m so glad it turned out good! I’m always a little nervous when someone says they’re going to try one of my recommendations. :)

• Lea Ann says

Frozen from Whole Foods. I’d have to say I was impressed. I’m so darn picky about texture and of course fresh flavor.