Mediterranean Sheet Pan Oven Roasted Broccoli with tomatoes, chickpeas and capers. This is an easy recipe for a roasted broccoli side dish that you’ll find your self making over and over again. So delicious you won’t believe it’s so healthy for you.
This is one of those side dishes that I can see myself making once a week…forever. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it was one of those perfect storms where I had every single item on hand.
That is except for black olives and I just substituted green ones (pimento stuffed). I also added a can of chickpeas that I had in the pantry. We served this with salmon fillets and were feeling pretty healthy by the time it was all over.
Easy, fresh and delicious. The broccoli, chickpeas and tomatoes are simply coated with olive oil, garlic and salt and roasted until just starting to brown and then simply tossed with lemon juice, oregano and the olive and caper mixture.
The whole things warms into a bright and sassy side dish. Thank you What To Cook for this Mediterranean roasted broccoli and tomato side dish.
Recipe for Mediterranean Oven Roasted Broccoli
I hope you give this roasted broccoli side dish recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite roasted broccoli recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
And if you’re looking for more broccoli side dish recipes, don’t miss this every popular Make Ahead Broccoli Bacon Cashew Salad.
Mediterranean Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns about 4 cups, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 pitted black olives I used green pimento stuffed, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons capers optional, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas, oil, garlic and salt in a large bowl until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the broccoli begins to brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and juice, olives, oregano and capers (if using) in a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables; stir to combine. Serve warm.
Mediterranean Oven Roasted Broccoli and Tomatoes …It’s What’s for a Side Dish.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.