Buffalo Shrimp Recipe. We’ll never get our fill of buffalo sauced appetizers here on the Ranch. If you love your wings, you’ve got to try this version where shrimp are fried crispy and served with blue cheese dressing.
Friends don’ let friends enjoy a Super Bowl Football Party without this shrimp appetizer recipe. Everyone will bring wings, so why not be smart with this spicy shrimp appetizer. A version of our favorite appetizer ever.
This is just flat out a great Buffalo Shrimp Recipe. I could have eaten a hundred of these. A riff on a Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe and it comes together in a snap. Let’s take a look:
Why This Recipe Works
It’s all about the texture of breading shrimp.
The shrimp are breaded in a cayenne and flour breading, sautéed in a Buffalo-style butter and hot wing sauce combo, then stand tall in blue cheese dressing.
The tender texture of the shrimp surrounded by a just right crispy breading and then flavored with Buffalo Wing Sauce Butter.
With a cool dip in creamy blue cheese dressing, you’ll fall in love.
Use your favorite bottled blue cheese dressing, or better yet make your own. This Creamiest Blue Cheese Dressing recipe is easy and fabulous with flavor.
Served alongside a battalion of cool crunchy celery… this dish equals a delicious bite after bite of hot..crunch..cool..blue cheesy delight.
So whether you’re partying it up with friends, or looking for a light and delicious dinner for two idea, give this recipe a try. Now let’s take a look at this great shrimp appetizer recipe.
How to make this recipe
- Prepare the Shrimp Breading In a shallow bowl, combine flour salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bread the Shrimp Pat shrimp dry and toss in the flour mixture, coating well.
- Cook The Shrimp In a large skillet heat oil, butter and 1 – 2 teaspoons hot sauce. Amount depends on how much heat and flavor you want. Add shrimp and cook about 4-5 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
- To Serve To serve, place shrimp in a platter, serve with a bowl of blue cheese dressing and carrot and celery sticks.
- Receive Compliments People love this recipe. You’ll be asked for the recipe and get so many compliments on how clever you are.
Recipe for Buffalo Shrimp Appetizer
I hope you give this Buffalo Shrimp Recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite shrimp appetizer recipe using Buffalo Wing Sauce, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Shrimp Appetizer Recipes
- Pickled Shrimp with Spinach Cream Dip
- Pancetta Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer with Gorgonzola
- Chipotle Shrimp Wontons Appetizer
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Stuffed With Jalapeno
And if you’re looking for more Appetizer ideas, don’t miss my Appetizer Category. You’ll find lots of great ideas, including the most popular appetizer recipe on my site for Pear and Blue Cheese Crostini.
Buffalo Shrimp Appetizer
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dozen large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite Hot Wing Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing for serving
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pat shrimp dry and toss in the flour mixture, coating well.
- In a large skillet heat oil, butter and 1 – 2 teaspoons hot sauce. Amount depends on how much heat and flavor you want. Add shrimp and cook about 4-5 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
- Pour a little of the sauce over the shrimp while browning.
- To serve, place shrimp in a platter, serve with a bowl of blue cheese dressing and carrot and celery sticks.
Buffalo Shrimp Recipe Appetizer …It’s What’s for a Party.