Chicken Ranch Dip recipe. Just 4 ingredients make up this popular chicken appetizer. Easy and crowd pleasing. When you serve this easy Chicken Ranch Dip at your next party be ready to share the recipe, because they’ll ask.
This Chicken Ranch Dip appetizer is a crowd pleaser. I can attest to that because it pleased the crowd when Larry et al were here for our back yard BBQ.
Everyone commented on how good it was, and everyone asked for the recipe. And, using canned white chicken breast, it’s the easiest thing on earth to prepare.
Only 4 ingredients! How simple can it get? As soon as the cream cheese comes to room temperature and soft enough to stir everything up, it’s ready in about 5 minutes.
It’s easy because it’s made with a can of white chicken dip, a package of Ranch Dip and bottled salsa. I use either my fresh Essential Restaurant Style Salsa or my canned home made salsa recipe, but use your favorite brand. Done…really, it’s that easy. For your convenience, this post includes affiliate links.
Right before serving, sprinkle with Chimayo Chili Powder. If you don’t have Chamayo use ground Ancho chile powde. If you don’t have Chamayo and would still like a sprinkle of red, how about a little bit of paprika? Serve it up and be ready to share the recipe. Everyone will ask.
Riffs on Chicken Ranch Dip
- If you’re opposed to using canned chicken products, simply bake two small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 12 ounces) in the oven. When cooled, shred the meat and proceed with the recipe.
- I’ve called this appetizer recipe a dip, but it’s thick enough to be referred to as a spread. Grab your favorite sandwich bread and make a chicken salad sandwich.
- Instead of serving with crackers, serve this with sturdy vegetables, such as celery, sliced cucumbers, sliced radishes. Just remember to keep it colorful.
- Half an avocado, remove the seed and spoon this Ranch Chicken Spread on the avocado, for a zippy easy quick lunch.
- Garnishing this chicken dip with a red powder makes for a better presentation. Try using smoked paprika, or Aleppo pepper for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Top with a few sliced black olives for a different presentation.
So if you’re looking for shredded chicken appetizers for your next party, consider trying this one.
Recipe For Chicken Ranch Dip
I hope you give this one a try and if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes.
More Appetizer Recipes with Cream Cheese
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
This is a recipe for Chicken Ranch Dip. Just 4 ingredients make up this popular chicken appetizer.
- 2 8-oz Packages Philadelphia cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 12.5 ounce can of white meat chicken drained, reserving 1 liquid to add to thin the dip
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Jarred Salsa I started with 1/4 cup and added salsa until I liked the flavor combination depending on heat and flavor
- Mix all ingredients together until well-blended. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Did I ever tell you we’re avid birdwatchers? And that I have a “thing” for signs. A recent trip to Jackson Lake Wildlife area east of Denver found us chasing a rare bird. Didn’t get a photo of the rare bird, but did snap a shot of the sign and an American Advocet in non-breeding plumage.
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes? How about this:
Just 5 ingredients, and using a can of Deviled Ham, you’re serving this one up pronto.
Chicken Ranch Dip …It’s What’s For An Appetizer