This Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball Recipe is hands down the best cheese ball appetizer I have ever served! Everyone’s favorite ingredients rolled into one tidy package. Bring the recipe, because they’ll ask.
Who Can Resist A Cheese Ball Recipe With Bacon?
I haven’t made a cheese ball in years! But when I saw Lisa’s creation over at Homesick Texan, I knew the hiatus was over and this had to be included somewhere in my Holiday Menus. I decided to make this part of my contribution for a Christmas Day Dinner at our friend’s Greg and Cauleen’s. It was an overwhelming hit.
The only thing that made it home was a shiny clean plate and spreader.
A Tex-Mex Twist
In true Lisa Fain style, she takes a traditional cheese ball recipe and turns it into a wonderful Southwestern treat. This is not your run of the mill cheese ball. Cream cheese and shredded cheddar, kicked up with diced jalapenos, savory with bits of bacon, spiced with cumin and cilantro and finished with a squeeze of lime and you’ve got yourself a Texas sized winner. You must give it a try.
Add Your Own Signature
The only thing I did different was sprinkle the finished product with Aleppo pepper flakes. That’s what you see scattered on the plate in the photos. Aleppo pepper flakes are Mediterranean in origin and bring a moderate heat level with some fruity and mild undertones. Its flavor is similar to the ancho, but oilier and slightly salty. I’m in love with Aleppo these days and seem to sprinkle it on about everything. The only place I can find it is our local spice shop. Savory Spice. If you’ve got a specialty spice shop near you, look for it and give it a try.
And make it your own by adding your signature ingredient. Maybe a sprinkle of New Mexico Red Chile Powder? Paprika? It’s always fun to get creative.
Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseball Recipe
I hope you give this Bacon Cheese-Ball Recipe recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite cheese ball appetizer recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
A wonderful South of the Border version of the classic cheese ball.
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 4 ounces
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 jalapeños stems and seeds removed, diced, divided
- 6 pieces cooked bacon about 6 ounces, crumbled, divided
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans roasted
- Crackers for serving
- Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cilantro, garlic, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, half of the diced jalapeños and half of the crumbled cooked bacon. Taste and adjust seasonings and add salt.
- Place the roasted pecans and remaining diced jalapeños and bacon on a plate. Stir together so well mixed. With your hands, roll the cheese mixture into a ball, then place on the plate and roll in the jalapeños, bacon and pecans until covered.
- Chill covered for at least an hour before serving. Serve with crackers.
Cream cheese is so perfect for Holiday Appetizers. Why not try this classic standby and one of the most popular posts on my blog:
Jalapeno-Bacon Cheese Ball Recipe …It’s What’s for a Great Pot Luck Appetizer.
- One Year Ago: Osso Buco