Shrimp Cocktail is perhaps one of the most popular appetizer recipes ever. This post will provide you with a perfect shrimp cocktail sauce recipe, along with how to serve shrimp cocktail. A fun and easy presentation idea.
Nothing like a big ol’ platter of shrimp cocktail on the back deck on a Summer evening. And if you’re wondering how to serve shrimp cocktail to a group, check out my favorite serving presentation.
- Simply dig out your favorite large serving platter. Oval, square, round, any large platter will work.
- In a large bowl, place a fist full of arugula.
- Drizzle the arugula with 1/4 cup of olive and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Add salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
- Using tongs toss the arugula to blend the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Arrange the peppery arugula on your serving plate. Top with cooked shrimp and additional lemon wedges for garnish and for squeezing.
- Place the bowl of shrimp cocktail sauce to the side and serve.
The crisp arugula seems perfect on the palate as a chaser for that bite of shrimp that’s been dipped in the flavor explosion of a great cocktail sauce.
I must say, I’m partial to my shrimp cocktail sauce recipe. For us, it’s the perfect combination. Sweet with catsup, tangy with a bite of horseradish and a little Snap-E-Tom Juice thrown in goes well with the horseradish. Every time I serve this, I’m asked for the recipe.
- Cooked Shrimp
- Snap-e-tom Juice, or Tomato Juice
- Prepared Horseradish
- Worcestershire Sauce
How To Make Shrimp Cocktail Sauce – It’s Easy.
- Step 1: Simply combine all ingredients into to small bowl.
- Step 2: Use a whisk to combine well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Shrimp Cocktail Recipe and Presentation
I hope you give this arugula salad shrimp cocktail presentation idea a try. It’s a great way to serve shrimp cocktail, adding some bulk to the appetizer. The flavors of the peppery arugula tossed with lemon and olive oil are a wonderful partner for sweet shrimp.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
How to Serve Shrimp Cocktail and Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/2 pound Shrimp cooked, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- For The Arugula Salad
- 1 bunch Arugula 1 fist full
- 1/4 cup olive oil good quality
- 1/2 lemon for juice
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- For the Cocktail Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Catsup
- 2 heaping teaspoons horseradish — prepared or more to taste.
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel grated
- 1/4 Cup Snap-E-Tom Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- For the shrimp: In a pot of water, add several stalks of fresh parsley. Cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juice into the water and then add the lemons. Toss in one bay leaf and a small stalk of celery with leaves. Salt the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn up heat until boiling, add shrimp and boil until pink. That's 1 – 3 minutes depending on size of shrimp. With a slotted spoon, remove shrimp to a plate and pat dry. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Peel and devein.
- For The Cocktail Sauce: Simply combine all ingredients into to small bowl and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For The Arugula Salad Serving Base: In a large bowl, place 2 fist full of arugula. Drizzle the arugula with 1/4 cup of olive and juice of 1/2 lemon.Add salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.Using tongs toss the arugula to blend the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Arrange arugula salad on your favorite large serving platter.
- Arrange cooked shrimp on the platter along with several wedges of lemon for garnish and squeezing.
- Place bowl of shrimp cocktail sauce amongst the salad and shrimp.