This is a recipe for Blood Orange Margarita. Beautifully orange in color this is a great football cocktail recipe for any team that sports the color orange. Cointreau makes this one special drink.
The Super Bowl is just a couple days away with 100 million people scheduled to watch.
As you slide into your couch hopefully wearing your Bronco t-shirt and firing up that flat screen, it would seem appropriate that an orange cocktail be in your hand. And if I were you, I’d sure consider this Blood Orange Margarita.
We were invited to friends Greg and Maralee’s for the AFC Championship game. Thirsty for a win and a trip to the Super Bowl, Maralee found it fitting to quench our thirst by serving a beautiful Blood Orange Margarita for each of us.
Wimbledon and the Kentucky Derby have their signature drinks, so here’s a couple of spirited cocktails to celebrate the Denver Bronco Super Bowl Orange and Blue colors.
This Blood Orange Margarita is not only stunning in color, the Cointreau mixed with the juice of blood oranges makes a perfect partner for smooth easy to drink cocktail. You’ll find the recipe for this one below.
I absolutely love this idea. With orange juice, orange and coconut flavored vodkas and blue-colored turbinado sugar, you’ll be cheering on the winning team united in orange.
For the recipe and instructions on how to color that sugar blue, head over to Heather’s blog and take a look. And isn’t her photo a real winner!
Recipe for Blood Orange Margarita
I hope you give this blood orange margarita recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with this cocktail recipe.
And if you have a favorite cocktail using the juice of blood oranges, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Oh, and one more thing, if you’re looking for a pink drink, don’t miss my Salty Dog with Saddle Leather. A fun and delish Western Themed Cocktail.
And if you’re looking for more cocktail recipes using tequila, you won’t want to miss my Paloma Cocktail Recipe. It’s f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s
Blood Orange Margarita
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup 100% agave silver tequila
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 2 cups fresh blood orange juice you’ll need about 6 juicy blood oranges
- A lime half for moistening the glass rims
- Coarse salt or sugar Kosher
- 6 cups Ice cubes
- Juice the blood oranges. In a pitcher, stir together the lime juice, sugar and 3/4 cup water until the sugar has dissolved. Add the tequila, Cointreau and blood orange juice. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Moisten the rims of three 6-ounce martini glasses with the cut side of a lime half. Spread coarse salt or sugar on a small plate and press the rims of the glasses until coated.
- Fill a cocktail shaker about 3/4 full of ice and measure in 1 1/2 cups of the margarita for 3 drinks. Cover and shake for about 15 seconds to thoroughly chill the mixture. Strain into the glasses. Dress the glasses with a slice of blood orange and a slice of lime.
Blood Orange Margarita and a Bronco-tini…They’re what’s for Super Bowl Drinks.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.