Lemon Butter Shrimp is a super easy Italian shrimp appetizer recipe or light shrimp dinner. Just a little prep and a quick bake in the oven and you’ve just found deliciousness. Perfect for when you have to hit the kitchen running, this tasty Italian shrimp appetizer takes just twenty minutes to make and there’s barely any clean-up. Serve with plenty of napkins.
About This Recipe and Why It Works
Nothing like getting a party started than with this great lemon butter shrimp recipe. This is one of the best and easiest shrimp recipes in my repertoire.
This easy Lemon Butter Shrimp recipe is a “do not pass go” heading directly for the category in my recipe database dubbed “Finds of the Century”. It’s joining about fifteen other special recipes that are just flat out lip smacking good.
With just a little prep of peeling the shrimp and slicing some lemons, in 15 minutes you’ve got a succulent easy shrimp appetizer.Easy as can be, let’s get started
How To Make This Recipe
- Just take one pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined. I left the tails on.
- Melt 1/2 cup of unsalted butter in a 9 x 9 inch oven-proof casserole dish. I find the microwave is the easiest way to do this.
- Then thin slice in 1-1/2 lemons and lay in the butter.
- Top with the shrimp. You can also use a sheet pan. Just melt the butter on the sheet pan in the oven first, then remove and finish the process.
- This becomes a Wishbone Italian Dressing Shrimp Recipe when sprinkled with some of their dry packet mix.
- Then sprinkle with 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley. If for some reason you can’t find Wishbone dry packet mix, I’ve also used a bottled Italian dressing. About 1/2 cup.
- Pop it into a 350-degree oven for fifteen minutes.
We enjoyed this as a main course for two. But it would make an excellent appetizer to precede a special meal. Buttery and full of lemon flavor the dressing mix adds a sweet and savory element that will surprise your palate. I hope you give this one a try.
Recipe For Lemon Butter Shrimp
And how about a tip for cooking shrimp and knowing when they’re done, after all, they come in about every size imaginable, and therefore recipes always estimate cooking times. Here is your general rule:
- Straight shrimp are undercooked,
- Shrimp that have just curled into a C-shape are perfectly cooked
- Shrimp that have twisted into an O-shape are overcooked, rubbery and sad.
So easy to serve right out of the oven, or make this one ahead, then bring to room temperature. Just arrange the lemon slices on a pretty white platter over a couple green leaves of lettuce.
Looking for more quick shrimp recipes?
- Crispy Baked Shrimp with Lemony Mayonnaise
- Best Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- Salt Block Oven Roasted Shrimp
- Pasta with Shrimp and Creme Fraiche
And if you’re looking for even more shrimp recipes, don’t miss my Seafood Category. You’ll find lots of healthy recipes, including the most popular shrimp recipe on my site for the Broadmoor Resort French Shrimp Cocktail.
Lemon Butter Shrimp Recipe with Wishbone Italian Dressing
- 1 pound raw shrimp cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 8 Tablespoons butter melted, 1 stick
- 1/2 packet Wishbone Italian Dressing 1/8 cup
- 1 1/2 lemon sliced into circles
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a 9×9 inch casserole dish, spreading it all over the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of butter.
- Arrange the cleaned and deveined shrimp on top of the lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the Italian dressing over the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the parsley and pepper on top of that.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until shrimp have curled into a C pattern.
Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp …It’s what’s for Dinner.