This baked shrimp recipe ends up a crispy delight. Served with Lemony Mayonnaise, and peppery arugula you’ll fall in love with this recipe. Great for an appetizer or light dinner. Buy deveined and shelled shrimp to make this an easy fix.
Except for my Mother’s hallowed fried chicken recipe, I’m pretty much convinced that panko bread crumbs are the perfect breading for almost anything. The end result of a light and crispy/crunchy coating just seems like such a no fail solution to frying and even baking.
And except for my Mother’s hallowed fried chicken recipe which is accompanied by buttery mashed potatoes and creamy white chicken gravy, I’m thinking peppery arugula may be the best little platform for about any type of meat. I’ve been using it alot lately and feeling so springy about the whole thing.
With all that said, I’m now craving my Mother’s hallowed fried chicken recipe with mashed potatoes and creamy white chicken gravy. omg and yum.
This is a great little combination of a recipe. The shrimp baked beautifully in the oven staying tender and moist snuggled inside of the egg battered panko combination. And served along side a nice dollop of dijon kissed lemony mayonnaise, I think I could have eaten about 200 of these. Nestled next to a handfull of arugula which has been tossed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and pepper, I must say you have a very happy little meal. And if you buy the deveined and shelled shrimp, did I mention a breeze to make?
Crispy Baked Shrimp Recipe with Lemony Mayonnaise
I hope you give this simple Crispy baked shrimp recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite baked shrimp recipe let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Crispy Shrimp Recipes
- Pappas Brothers Shrimp Remoulade
- Mexican Shrimp Rice Bowl with Warm Smoky Tomato Salsa
- Shrimp Sliders with Caramelized Onions and Sriracha Mayo
And if you’re looking for more baked shrimp recipes, you won’t want to miss this one for Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp. It’s incredible.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Crispy Baked Shrimp Recipe with Arugula and Lemony Mayo
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg whites lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp. New Mexico Red Chile Powder or Ancho or Cayenne
- 5 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 24 peeled and deveined large raw shrimp 16 to 20 per lb., tails on
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemony Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 475°. Pour bread crumbs, flour, and whites into 3 separate shallow bowls. Stir 1 tbsp. salt and the cayenne into bread crumbs and 1 tsp. salt into flour.
- Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into a large rimmed baking pan and spread to cover bottom. Dredge shrimp in flour, shaking off excess; dip in egg whites, letting excess drip off; then roll in panko. When placing shrimp on the pan to bake, press them in oil, then turn to coat other side, adding more oil to pan if necessary to coat all shrimp. Set slightly apart in pan.
- Bake shrimp until browned on the bottom, about 8 minutes; then turn over and bake until golden brown all over and opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part, 5 minutes longer.
- Mix arugula with lemon juice, remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve shrimp with arugula and Lemony Mayo.
Crispy Baked Shrimp With Lemony Mayonnaise…It’s What’s For Dinner