This Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe is a perfect game day party appetizer. Chicken meatballs are glazed in buffalo wing sauce. Simply chicken wings without the mess. You’re going to love everything about this meatball recipe, flavor, texture, that little kick of heat. And they’re so easy baked in the oven.
When it comes to game day food ideas, I rank this recipe right up there with the best. Who can resist America’s favorite chicken wing flavors tucked neatly inside a meatball. No mess, no stress and a whole lot of deliciousness.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These baked chicken meatballs are so easy to throw together.
Just start with ground chicken breast. You can find packages of pre-ground chicken at your market, but I like to buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts and grind the meat in my food processor. It’s easy to do, works like a charm and I feel comfortable that I’m getting a pure end result.
Cut the breasts into large chunks, throw them in the food processor, start with a few pulses and then grind them for about twenty seconds.
Heat some oil in a saucepan and add finely minced celery and onion. This is an opportunity to practice your knife skills. The chunks of vegetables must be very small so the meatballs don’t fall apart.
In a large bowl, add the chicken breast, the sauteed celery and onion and the rest of the ingredients. Panko bread crumbs are perfect for meatballs, bringing a pleasant texture and a platform for the egg to bind it all together.
I have gotten in the habit of adding mustard to every meatball recipe I make. I love the little zing it brings. Try it with your next recipe.
Just form the chicken mixture into balls and bake. After they’re baked is when you coat them with the Buffalo Wing Sauce.
Serve these meatballs with Blue Cheese Dressing (homemade is always best) and some celery sticks. Your party crowd will be very happy and you’ll be very popular.
Make a double batch … these won’t last long!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
I hope you give these chicken meatballs a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And if you have a favorite party meatballs recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Meatball Recipes
- Sweet Sriracha Party Meatballs
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco
- Potluck BBQ Meatballs
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatballs
More Game Day Recipe Ideas
- Andouille Sausage Pigs In A Blanket
- BBQ Bacon Football Deviled Eggs
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Dr. Pepper Sliders
- Award Winning White Bean Chili
- BBQ Brisket Pizza
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are simply chicken wings without the mess. You're going to love everything about this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery stalks finely minced
- ½ sweet onion finely minced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 1 cup blue-cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the celery and onion, and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooled celery mixture with the egg, mustard and ground chicken to combine. Add the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a sheet pan that’s been sprayed with PAM. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine until smooth. Toss the meatballs in the sauce to coat.
- Serve the meatballs warm with a side of blue-cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe … they’re what’s for Game Day