Easy Mexican meatballs drizzled in creamy spicy smooth cheese sauce. Perfect for your next party. Make a double batch because these won’t last long.
Well, the big game day is here. Living in Denver and being an avid Bronco fan for over thirty years, my excitement and anticipation is at a high level. As a matter of fact Denver has been Orange Power Bronco-crazed this whole season. One can only imagine how we’ve acted the last two weeks. So I’ll go ahead get it over early in this post…GO BRONCOS!
This is my second participation with the #SundaySupper Movement and I’m really enjoying the folks I’ve met. What a great group. I’ve found many talented and top-shelf bloggers to follow, not to mention some incredible recipes that have filled up my Pinterest boards. I really appreciate being a member.
And if you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? This Sunday’s theme is “Super Eats for Game Day.” All I can say is, I can’t wait to browse what everyone has posted. Is there anything better that Football Food? And Mexican Meatballs?
A couple of months ago I ran across this recipe for Queso Blanco over at Mary’s Barefeet In The Kitchen blog. What a great recipe, creamy, spicy smooth and cheesy, this was a keeper. I’ve prepared it a couple of times for a simple appetizer with corn chips. It’s easy and delicious!
Stepping outside the bowl, why not let this dip become a part of a bigger picture? I decided to make some spicy seasoned Mexican Meatballs and serve them drizzled with this creamy goodness. Spicy flavored meatballs dripping in cheesy bliss? Yes, please…and yum!
Now let’s get that South of the border recipe:
Recipe for Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco
I hope you give this recipe for Mexican Meatballs a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite meatball appetizer recipe let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Meatball Appetizer Recipes
- Sweet Sriracha Party Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Mom’s BBQ Meatballs
- Sweet and Sour Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Spiced Lamb Meatballs
And if you’re looking for unique Southwestern appetizer recipes, you won’t want to miss this one for Stuffed Avocado Appetizer
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 C . milk
- 1 C old fashioned oats or panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 yellow onion very fine chopped
- 1 T . olive oil
- 2 T . chili powder
- 1 T . cumin
- 1 t . coriander
- 1 T . paprika
- 1 t . garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with Pam. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Once well mixed, form the meat into small meatballs. I usually get about 20. Arrange meatballs on a baking sheet and bake 15 or 20 minutes.
- To serve, place meatballs on a serving platter and drizzle with the Queso Blanco.
For the Queso Blanco:
- 1/2 lb White American Cheese roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 tablespoons Hatch green chiles roasted, peeled, chopped. Canned will also work
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices diced fine
- 1 tablespoon juice from the pickled jalapenos
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 t . cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size glass bowl. Microwave for five minutes, pausing to stir after every minute. Serve hot.
This past Friday the city was declared “United in Orange.” And of course our company stepped up to the task by asking each of our twenty branches to dress in Bronco Orange and Blue colors. Here’s our Highlands Ranch team “rockin’ it” banner style. Nicole, Stacie, Jenn, Coey and myself.