Honey Sriracha Meatballs are a quick, super easy and crazy delicious party appetizer. Ready in just 30 minutes, using just 5 ingredients, you’re going to love these party meatballs and your party crowd will go wild.
Anyone looking for a fun new appetizer recipe?
One that’s really easy to make and a guaranteed crowd pleaser? These honey sriracha meatballs with cranberry sauce will soon become your new favorite party meatballs appetizer.
Imagine Italian meatballs coated in a brown sugar Sriracha honey sauce glaze with a surprising ingredient, canned cranberry sauce.
The sweet, savory, spicy flavor combination is truly a treat. And making this recipe couldn’t be easier.
I make these meatballs often and it’s always crazy popular. After all, meatballs are always a crowd favorite.
Definitely easy, quick and full of flavor. Don’t wait until cranberry season to make these, having a party appetizer recipe thats easy to make and ready to go in a jiff can be a party lifesaver.
Let’s take a look at these honey sriracha meatballs.
Ingredients You’ll Need
What a timely recipe, as we’re right in the middle of appetizer season. Football parties, tailgating parties and soon the Holiday invitations will come pouring in. And cranberry sauce for meatballs is so “holiday”.
Let’s keep it easy, and here’s how:
- Italian Meatballs: I purchase pre-made, but not pre-cooked Italian meatballs from King Soopers. Their Kroeger brand has a great flavor and cook up nice and tight. Tight enough so they don’t fall apart in this thick sauce.
- Pantry Items: And don’t we always have a bottle of Sriracha sauce on hand? And brown sugar and honey in the pantry?
- Cranberry Sauce: Straight off the grocery shelf. Stock up next time you’re at the store, because you’ll want to make these Honey Sriracha Meatballs often.
- Can I Use Frozen Meatballs? Yes, I’ve used frozen Italian meatballs for this recipe. Just cook according to package instructions and then gently toss in the sweet Sriracha sauce.
- Can I use Homemade Italian Meatballs? Yes, and Homemade Italian Meatballs are easy enough to make and sturdy enough to hold up in the sauce and serve as an appetizer. Again, cook according to recipe instructions and add to the sauce.
Step By Step Instructions, It’s Easy
- Step 1: Place the Italian Meatballs on a baking sheet, lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Such as PAM. Bake according to package instructions. In this case, it was at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, turn the meatballs and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Step 2: Prepare the sauce. In the meantime, place the cranberry sauce, sriracha sauce, brown sugar and honey in a Dutch oven. Cook on medium heat stirring to combine until smooth. Cook for about 15 minutes on medium low, to thicken the sauce a bit.
- Step 3: Add the baked meatballs to the sauce and using a large spoon, gently turn and stir the meatballs to coat them well with the sauce. Transfer them to your favorite serving bowl and enjoy.
I’ve used both jellied sauce (shown above) and sauce that contains chunks of cranberries. Both work very well.
I’ve made this recipe in the crockpot using frozen cooked meatballs and didn’t like the final result. Slow cooking releases moisture from the meatballs, thinning the sauce. I like this recipe better as a stove-top thick rich glazed end result.
It can, but it’s so easy it’s not really necessary. If you do want to make ahead, cook according to instructions and then store in a microwave safe dish. To re-heat, heat in the microwave for 1 minute increments, gently stirring each time to distribute heat and the sauce.
Yes. Let the meatballs that have been mixed with the sauce come to room temperature. Place in a freezer friendly container. To reheat, let them thaw and then follow the microwave instructions above.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days. I like to reheat them in the microwave in 15 second increments.
Having an appetizer recipe that easy to make and ready to go in a jiff can be a party lifesaver.
If You’re As Crazy About Party Meatballs As We Are:
- Meatballs In BBQ Sauce, This recipe is very popular.
- Ground Chicken Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco
- Spicy Lamb Meatballs
- Authentic Swedish Meatballs
- Albondigas en Chipotle (Mexican Meatballs)
And if you’re looking for more appetizer recipes, don’t miss my Appetizer Category. You’ll find lots of fun finger food recipes, including the most popular on my site for Pear Blue Cheese Crostini. Check it out.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Sweet Honey Sriracha Meatballs With Cranberry Sauce
- 36 Italian meatballs
- 1/3 cup Sriracha Sauce
- 14 1/2 ounce cranberry sauce canned, jellied or with chunks of cranberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Purchase fresh pre-made Italian meatballs from the store, or frozen. Bake according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, combine ingredients in a Dutch Oven and cook over medium heat until well heated and flavors are combined. Let cook over medium low for about 15 minutes or until it has thickened just a bit.
- When meatballs are done scoop them into the same pot as the sauce. With a large spoon, gently stir and combine sauce and meatballs.
- Transfer to the serving bowl or platter of your choice. Serve warm.
Honey Sriracha Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce … It’s Whats for an Appetizer
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.