This Sweet Sriracha Cranberry Party Meatballs recipe is one to keep in your back pocket for a quick, super easy and crazy delicious party appetizer. Ready in just 30 minutes, using just 5 ingredients, you’re going to love this honey sriracha meatballs recipe and your party crowd will go wild.
Anyone looking for a fun new appetizer recipe?
One that’s really easy to make and a guaranteed crowd pleaser? Step aside grape jelly meatballs, these party meatballs will soon become your new favorite meatball appetizer.
Imagine Italian meatballs coated in a brown sugar Sriracha honey sauce glaze with a surprising ingredient, canned cranberry sauce.
The sweet, savory, spicy flavor combination is truly a treat. And making this recipe couldn’t be easier.
I make these meatballs often and it’s always crazy popular. After all, meatballs are always a crowd favorite.
Definitely easy, quick and full of flavor. Having a party appetizer recipe thats easy to make and ready to go in a jiff can be a party lifesaver.
Let’s take a look.
Ingredients to make honey Sriracha meatballs
What a timely recipe, as we’re right in the middle of appetizer season. Football parties, tailgating parties and soon the Holiday invitations will come pouring in.
Let’s keep it easy, and here’s how:
- Italian Meatballs: I purchase pre-made, but not pre-cooked Italian meatballs from King Soopers. Their Kroeger brand has a great flavor and cook up nice and tight. Tight enough so they don’t fall apart in this thick sauce.
- Pantry Items: And don’t we always have a bottle of Sriracha sauce on hand? And brown sugar and honey in the pantry?
- Cranberry Sauce: Straight off the grocery shelf. Stock up next time you’re at the store, because you’ll want to make these cranberry Sriracha meatballs often.
- Can I Use Frozen Meatballs? Yes, I’ve used frozen Italian meatballs for this recipe. Just cook according to package instructions and then gently toss in the sweet Sriracha sauce.
- Can I use Homemade Italian Meatballs? Yes, and Homemade Italian Meatballs are easy enough to make and sturdy enough to hold up in the sauce and serve as an appetizer. Again, cook according to recipe instructions and add to the sauce.
Step By Step Instructions
- Place the Italian Meatballs on a baking sheet, lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Such as PAM. Bake according to package instructions. In this case, it was at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, turn the meatballs and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce. In the meantime, place the cranberry sauce, sriracha sauce, brown sugar and honey in a Dutch oven. Cook on medium heat stirring to combine until smooth. Cook for about 15 minutes on medium low, to thicken the sauce a bit.
- Add the baked meatballs to the sauce and using a large spoon, gently turn and stir the meatballs to coat them well with the sauce. Transfer them to your favorite serving bowl and enjoy.
FAQ’s and Expert Tips
I’ve used both jellied sauce (shown above) and sauce that contains chunks of cranberries. Both work very well.
I’ve made this recipe in the crockpot using frozen cooked meatballs and didn’t like the final result. Slow cooking releases moisture from the meatballs, thinning the sauce. I like this recipe better as a stove-top thick rich glazed end result.
It can, but it’s so easy it’s not really necessary. If you do want to make ahead, cook according to instructions and then store in a microwave safe dish. To re-heat, heat in the microwave for 1 minute increments, gently stirring each time to distribute heat and the sauce.
Yes. Let the meatballs that have been mixed with the sauce come to room temperature. Place in a freezer friendly container. To reheat, let them thaw and then follow the microwave instructions above.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days.
Recipe for Honey Sriracha Meatballs
Having an appetizer recipe that easy to make and ready to go in a jiff can be a party lifesaver.
I hope you give these honey sriracha meatballs a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite meatball appetizer recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More delicious party meatball appetizer recipes
And if you’re looking for more appetizer recipes, don’t miss my Appetizer Category. You’ll find lots of fun finger food recipes, including the most popular on my site for Pear Blue Cheese Crostini. Check it out.
Sweet Honey Sriracha Meatballs Appetizer
- 36 Italian meatballs
- 1/3 cup Sriracha Sauce
- 14 1/2 ounce cranberry sauce canned, jellied or with chunks of cranberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Purchase fresh pre-made Italian meatballs from the store, or frozen. Bake according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, combine ingredients in a Dutch Oven and cook over medium heat until well heated and flavors are combined. Let cook over medium low for about 15 minutes or until it has thickened just a bit.
- When meatballs are done scoop them into the same pot as the sauce. With a large spoon, gently stir and combine sauce and meatballs.
- Transfer to the serving bowl or platter of your choice. Serve warm.
Honey Sriracha Meatballs …. it’s whats or a party