Pulled Pork Sliders with a delicious twist. Looking for an easy and tasty way to feed your next party crowd? Consider these Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Sliders. Fuss free and popular doused with Dr. Pepper & BBQ Sauce. A great shredded pulled pork slider recipe using pork roast.
Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork sliders are a great main course for your next party. A combination of spices that you should already have in your pantry are rubbed into the pork shoulder, which is placed in the slow cooker.
Simply add Dr. Pepper and your favorite BBQ Sauce. Shred the meat, add more sauce and you’re ready for a great little treat. Don’t forget those pickles!
Every day I’m more in love with my new slow cooker. I’ve had a simple cheap round crock pot for as long as I can remember, and last year I added a stainless steel All-Clad Crock-pot my Christmas wish list.
Santa obliged and I’ve been using my slow cooker more and more. I love the fact that the insert is stove top friendly. That means I can sear and slow cook all in the same pot. Fantastic if you ask me. I’ve included an affiliate link for your shopping convenience.
My latest adventure found me pouring Dr. Pepper on a pork roast.
I’m always interested in the “whys” and I’ve read that many mainstream sodas contain a type of acid that can tenderize steak and chicken. And that’s not to mention the caramelized and unique flavor they bring.
Serve these pulled pork sliders with this Loaded Baked Potato Salad. Mayo, sour cream, bacon and cheddar cheese…for a WOW meal.
Recipe for Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauced Pulled Pork Sliders
I hope you give this pulled pork sliders recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite pulled pork slider recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
And if you love a good sandwich as much as we do, you won’t want to miss my Sandwich Category. You’ll find lots of fun sandwich recipes, including the most popular on my site for Sloppy Joes For A Crowd.
If you love sliders, you don’t want to miss:
- Fried Chicken Sliders with Zesty Poblano Mayo
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo
- South of the Border Mexican Sliders
- Shrimp Sliders with Caramelized Onions and Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Crock Pot Chicken Sliders with BBQ and Italian Sauce
- Thai Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sliders
- Ina Garten Sliders with Gruyere and Arugula
- Lamb Sliders with Tomato Chutney
- Asian Sloppy Joes Sliders
- Taqueria Style Slow Cooker Chicken Sliders
- 5 pound pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups Dr Pepper
- 3 cups Stubbs BBQ Sauce
- 24 slider buns
- 24 slices pickle
- Combine spices in a small bowl, mix well. Rub spice mix into pork and place in crockpot. Pour Dr. Pepper over pork. Cook on low 5-7 hours, until pork is tender and pulls apart easily.
- Drain completely, shred pork using 2 forks, add 2 cups barbecue sauce and cook on low for one hour. Serve on slider buns with a pickle slice and more of the remaining 1 cup barbecue sauce.
Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Sliders …They’re what’s for Dinner.