This is a recipe for super moist Pumpkin Bread made with Pumpkin Ale. Our new family favorite. A perfect recipe for your Holiday breakfasts or meal plans.
About This Recipe
I’m not going to tip toe around the pumpkin patch with this one, I’m just coming right out and saying…this is the best pumpkin bread recipe I have ever had. And adios, rest in peace, to the pumpkin bread recipe I’ve made and served for over 30 years.
This recipe uses Pumpkin beer. I’m not an expert with the chemistry of what happens when you mix beer and flour, but even the great Heisenberg would stop the burners for a bite of this bread.
This is one of those recipes that can wear so many hats. It can be a sweet bread side dish. A breakfast side to go with those Home Fried Potatoes with Ham. Or simply enjoyed with that morning cup of coffee.
Simply states, it’s an incredibly delicious pumpkin bread recipe that you’ll want to make over and over again this Fall.
Take my advice and double this recipe. This recipe rocks. It’s so moist and it calls for cloves, which did not make an appearance in my old fashioned pumpkin bread recipe.
This bread is super moist and with a little layer of crispy crust, you’ll be slathering more than one slice of this bread with creamy butter. Smooth in flavor, the clove flavor shines through for a delicious loaf of Autumn bread.
Recipe for Moist Pumpkin Bread made with Pumpkin Ale (beer)
I hope you give this moist pumpkin bread recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite pumpkin bread recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
And if you’re looking for more unique quick bread recipes, you won’t want to miss this one for Dark Chocolate Banana Bread, made in a cast iron skillet.
More Fall Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Goat Cheese Spread
- Pumpkin Pot au Creme
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Martini
- Pumpkin Cider Brined Pork Roast
- Chile Poblano with Pumpkin Mole
Moist Pumpkin Bread made with Pumpkin Ale
- 15 ounce Pumpkin puree canned
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2/3 Cup Pumpkin Beer lightly overflowing
- 1 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, eggs, oils, beer and sugars until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients, grate nutmeg, then stir with a fork. Add the dry mixture gradually into the wet ingredients, about a cup at a time.
- Blend until well incorporated but do not over mix. You can use a wooden spoon, stand mixer or a hand mixer. I went with a hand mixer and spatula since I doubled the batch, it was easier to contain in a larger bowl. Taste the batter and see if it has enough of the spice flavor you like. I sometime dash a bit extra of Pumpkin Pie Spice in at the end. Pour batter into the two pans and sprinkle top with raw sugar. The sugar is totally optional. I use it to get a sweet little crust on the bread. If you prefer a totally moist bread, skip it. If you don’t have raw sugar you could use white sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, checking with a toothpick or skewer after 45 minutes. I prefer a very moist bread so I take it out just as it has set and the skewer is no longer wet.
- I try to remove it from the baking pans as soon as possible to stop the cooking and let it cool.
Moist Pumpkin Bread made with Pumpkin Ale …It’s what’s for Snacking.