Make your next burger a Taco Burger. Mayonnaise makes everything better. And adding it to ground beef returns a delicious juicy burger. Mix in some taco seasoning, top with salsa aioli and you’ve got a burger fiesta. Give This Taco Burger Recipe a try.
This post has been sponsored by Sprouts Market. I have been compensated but my opinions are my own.
Inspiration for this Taco Burger Recipe
I’m lucky to have a Sprouts Farmer’s Market just a couple of miles from our house. And thanks to them for reaching out and asking me to create a burger with some of their sprouts brand ingredients Fun!
A trip to Sprouts Market, with their mountains of fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, a full service deli, meat and seafood counters is sure to inspire everyone to eat healthier.
This isn’t just a mission. It’s their passion. And did I mention the prices won’t break your budget. As their slogan says “Healthy Living for Less” Great store!
Grilling season is upon us and the first thing that hit our hot grates this season was a sizzling juicy burger. For this burger assignment, you’ll find an assortment of Sprouts Farmer’s Market South of the Border ingredients.
Aioli Sauce for Burgers
For my burger, I made a mixture of mayonnaise, panko bread crumbs and Sprouts Farmer’s Market Taco Seasoning, blending it with ground beef and forming patties.
The biggest take away from this whole Sprouts adventure is their jarred salsas.
Simply the best I’ve tasted. Since I can’t find a jarred salsa that I love, I usually make my own salsa from fresh ingredients. Sprouts has changed that. The Mango and Black Bean is a perfect blend of sweet and spicy, the Chia, Quinoa and Flax is surprisingly a great salsa blend.
And my favorite? That Kale and Vegetable. Bob and I both loved it, and felt healthy loving it. And it made a unique aioli sauce for burgers.
For the Salsa Aioli I blended Sprouts Kale and Vegetable Salsa with creamy mayonnaise for a creamy kicked-up burger sauce.
And in my opinion, there are few foods better than a burger!
Build That Burger
To build my taco burger I started with some beautiful curly green lettuce, the taco seasoned meat, a healthy drizzle of the salsa aioli, a beautiful slice of tomato and a couple rings of sweet onion. Just a few slices of avocado was all we needed for a side.
The beef was creamy and Southwestern-worthy seasoned with the taco blend. The aioli was a divine compliment. Thanks to Sprouts Farmer’s Market for the inspiration for a great burger.
Taco Burger Recipe with Salsa Aioli
I hope you give this taco burger recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite Mexican style hamburger recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Gourmet Hamburger Recipes:
- Hatch Chile Chicken Burgers This healthier burger recipe is oozing with green chiles and Southwestern flair. Plus tips on how to make the best chicken burgers.
- Silver Spur Ranch Blue Cheese Burgers Juicy and full of flavor, this Western style blue cheese burger is absolutely mouthwateringly delicious.
- Bison Burger with Smoky BBQ Cream Sauce, Seasoned with Southwestern flavors and then topped with a smoky BBQ cream sauce and caramelized red pepper rings. Add some cheese and some spicy pickles, you’ve got a burger to brag about.
- Colorado Burger with Jalapeno Aioli Prime beef topped with a slice of tomato, bacon, avocado and a dollop of easy jalapeno mayonnaise.
And don’t miss my line-up of burger recipes for Father’s Day. You’ll find 31 burger recipes for any time of year.
Taco Burger with Kale and Vegetable Salsa Aioli
- For the burger:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 hamburger buns
- For the salsa aioli:
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- To build the burger:
- Green curly leaf lettuce
- slices tomato
- slices sweet onion
- Place ground beef in a bowl and break up the meat slightly. Add the taco seasoning, mayonnaise and bread crumbs and gently mix until ingredients are blended. Shape in burger patties. 6 – 8 depending on the size. Grill or broil until done, about 5 minutes per side.
- For the aioli. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the salsa with a fork until well blended.
- To build the burger: place lettuce on the bottom bun. Top with a hamburger patty, a good dollop of the salsa aioli, a slice of tomato and a couple slices of sweet onion.
Taco Burger with Kale and Vegetable Salsa … It’s what’s for Dinner.
You can find every single ingredient for this recipe at Sprouts Market. This post has been sponsored by Sprouts Market. I have been compensated but my opinions are my own.
Adam J. Holland says
That’s a beauty! Wow.
Lea Ann Brown says
Not as pretty as that Enchilada Burger! 🙂
Jean | DelightfulRepast.com says
Lea Ann, now you’re just trying to hurt me! I don’t have those ingredients on hand and I MUST have one of these for lunch!
John/Kitchen Riffs says
I have never made a taco burger for some reason! Such a simple, flavorful idea — definitely should try it. Yours looks great — thanks.
“And in my opinion, there are few foods better than a burger! ” – Bev’s thought exactly. Great looking burger – never thought about putting mayo in the meat.
Debra Eliotseats says
We got a Sprouts this past year and I love it. (Especially love their store-brand tortillas.) What a great idea to add a bit of mayo to the burger. Genius!!!! Thank YOU for this inspiration.