Sausage in a blanket. Andouille Sausage in Puff Pastry and chutney and mustard sauce. These are unique, easy and a popular appetizer recipe.
This week’s #SundaySupper project is all about game watching get-together recipes: party food that is easily served to a group…to be eaten on laps and/or shared on a buffet table. What a great celebration to finish off our National Sunday Supper Month in style!
If you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper Movement was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? This event is being hosted by T.R. Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley . Thanks T.R.
I decided to contribute this Sausage in a Blanket appetizer recipe, a high brow version of one of our all time favorite snacks … Pigs in a Blanket. For this recipe you use sheets of puff pastry and andouille sausage. After the sausage is wrapped in the pastry, it’s sliced and then baked. Topped off with a sticky and exciting sauce which is a combination of whole grain mustard and chutney which turns into a tasty glaze. And a combination of sweet and salty is one I can’t resist. Easy and popular!
- 7 ounces all-butter puff pastry thawed and cut into four 5-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon large egg yolk mixed with 1 of water
- 4 ounces andouille sausages 3 each
- 1/4 cup Major Grey’s chutney
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the center. Arrange the puff pastry squares on a work surface and brush the top edges with the egg wash. Place the sausages on the bottom edges and roll up the pastry, pressing the edges to seal. Freeze the logs for 10 minutes, or until firm.
Cut the logs into 1/2-inch slices and place them cut side up in 3 mini muffin pans. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Turn out onto a paper towel-lined rack to cool.
Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, pulse the chutney and mustard just until the chutney is chopped. Spoon a dollop of the chutney mustard on each slice and serve.
Like these hogs? How about:
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheesy Crab Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Cowboy Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Crockpot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Game Day Cheese Board with Baguettes by Delaware Girl Eats
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Ham and cheese sliders by Feeding Big
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls by From Gate to Plate
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Wonton Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread with a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Stuffed Artichokes with Soppressata and Cheese by Mysavoryspoon
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Waffle Fry Nachos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Big Game Chili by Our Good Life
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Buffalo Chickpea Spinach Pinwheels by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mini Muffaletta Bites by MyGourmetConnection
- Mission Style Burritos by A Well Fed Life
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Denver Bronco Brew and The Carolina Panther Colada by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.