How to make a tortilla pizza? Simply stack your favorite flavors on a flour tortilla and pop them in the oven. You’ve got an easy and fun appetizer or an individual snack pizza for lunch. One simple method gives you unlimited flavor options.
These little flour tortilla pizza recipes are so much fun, so easy, and so delicious. In this post, you’ll find a few flavor combinations to get you started on your tortilla pizza journey.
I made one flavor combination and now I can’t stop. We’ve had them for a light dinner, for lunch, and of course served them for parties at our house. So easy.
The first combo I made was a somewhat traditional layering of flavors. Pizza Sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and olives, with a not so traditional combination of cheeses, cheddar and soft, creamy goat cheese.
We loved them so much I made mini tortilla pizza again the next day.
And then of course, the obsession took over and I started jotting down all kinds of flavor combinations to make in the future.
How To Make A Tortilla Pizza, Step by Step
Try to find Street Taco sized flour tortillas. Mission brand makes them and they are labeled Street Tacos. They are normally 5″ in diameter. If they’re not available, 6-7″ will work fine.
- Step 1: Using a silicone brush, brush both sides of the tortillas with olive oil. Oiling the flour tortilla creates an end result of a thin crispy crust for your tortilla pizza.
Perfect and crispy enough for holding in your hand, or cutting into wedges.
- Step 2: Add your sauce, and with the back of a spoon, coat the flour tortilla leaving some of the edge of the tortilla showing. For this flour tortilla pizza, I purchased my favorite pizza sauce.
- Step 3: Next, start adding your ingredients. Cheddar cheese was next up for this pizza tortilla recipe.
- Step 4: After the cheddar, I added some crumbles of creamy goat cheese.
Step 5: Next, the decorative part of this mini tortilla pizza. I added spokes of thin sliced sun-dried tomatoes and placed large black olives in between. The olives were halved. The oven was standing by, preheated to 400 degrees.
Step 6: After about an eight-minute bake these mini flour tortilla pizza bites were ready to devour. A single flour tortilla pizza is a nice snack size for one person, just grab it and dig in.
Or if you’ve made a batch of these, they’re easy to cut into wedges for bite sized pieces.
You’ll find the official recipe for how to make a tortilla pizza below, but first, using the technique, let’s take a look at more flavor combinations that work incredibly well for this tortilla pizza recipe.
Note: All combination measurement amounts are for 4, 6-inch street taco flour tortillas.
THAI ONE ON, Pizza Tortilla Recipe
Thai Peanut Sauce, Jalapeno and Peanuts
- Sauce – 2 cups Thai Peanut Sauce (purchased)
- 2 cloves garlic – fine chopped
- Cheese – 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, diced – plus rings for garnish
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce, drizzled
- Chopped peanuts
Let it Brie, Flour Tortilla Pizza
Pepperoni, Creamy Brie Cheese, Green Olives
- Cheese – 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 12 slices pepperoni, 3 slices each pizza
- Fresh basil leaves, torn, or 1 teaspoon total of dried basil, sprinkled on each pizza
- 12 green olives, halved (3-4 olives per pizza)
- creamy brie cheese, 1 heaping tablespoon per pizza, placed in chunks
Blue Bayou, Sausage and Shrimp Pizza Tortilla Recipe
Blue Cheese Lemon Drizzle, Andouille Sausage and Shrimp
- Blue Cheese Drizzle: 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1/2 pound Andouille sausage, crumbled and browned
- 12-ish medium shrimp, cooked, tails removed (about 2 – 3 per pizza depending on the size of the shrimp)
- Sprinkle shrimp with Creole seasoning (optional)
The Gringo, Mexican Themed Pizza Tortilla Recipe
Green chili, cheddar cheese, spinach and chicken
- Sauce: Green Chili, about 2 – 3 tablespoons per pizza. Purchased, 505 is a good brand
- Cheese: Cheddar about 2 tablespoons per pizzaq
- Fresh Spinach: about 3 leaves per pizza
- Chicken: 2 – 3 tablespoons per pizza. Left-over rotisserie chicken works well for this.
- Orange grape tomatoes
- Sprinkle with New Mexican Chile Powder or cayenne
Master Recipe, How To Make A Tortilla Pizza
Use this recipe below for the first flour tortilla pizza shown in this post. Then let your imagination run wild with flavor combinations.
I hope you give this tortilla pizza recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And I’d dearly love to hear from you about what combination creation for a pizza tortilla recipe you’d come up with. I’d love to give it a try. And keep in mind, this is a great way to use left-overs. And don’t forget those bottles of sauces that live on your refrigerator door.
Looking for more party appetizer ideas? I’m somewhat appetizer small plate obsessed. Take a look at my Appetizer Category for a ton of ideas.
How To Make A Tortilla Pizza
- 4 small flour tortillas street taco size, or 6 inch, whichever you can find
- olive oil enough to coat each side of each tortilla
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces chevre
- 12 black olives
- 6-12 oil packed sun-dried tomatoes sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Brush both sides of the flour tortillas with olive oil. Place tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Top each tortilla with 1/3 to 1/2 cup red sauce. Sprinkle the sauce with the shredded cheese and arrange three to give sun-dried tomjatoes on top of each pizza. Crumble 1 tablespoon chevre over each pizza and arrange black olives on top.
- Bake until the shredded cheese melts and edges of tortillas are just starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
How to Make A Tortilla Pizza … It’s Whats For an Appetizer