Fried Chicken Sliders are laced with cayenne, cumin and chili powder. A great way to kick up a chicken breast sandwich. And topped with Jalapeno Aioli = WOW.
I hardly know where the itch for these fried chicken sliders came from. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a fried chicken slider on a restaurant menu. Perhaps it comes from my love of fried chicken, and my fancy for all things Mexican food.
Or maybe it’s because my slider board on Pinterest is my most popular. I do know I’ve been looking to make more Mexican chicken dishes with chicken and it seems anyone with a pulse can’t resist a little slider.
With that said, these little chicken sliders turned out just right. You’d think the tender chicken coated with spiced panko bread crumbs, which were sauteed into crunchy bliss would most surely be the star.
But I’d have to say topped with cool creamy Jalapeno Aioli, deserves honorable mention. Tangy, creamy and with just the right amount of heat. The tang comes from a little squeeze of lime juice before stirring the whole thing together.
Jalapeno mayo may be one of those kitchen discoveries that just leads to trouble. Will I be able to eat just plain mayonnaise again?
Let’s take a look:
Fried Chicken Sliders
I hope you give this fried chicken sliders recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite recipe for chicken sliders, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Party Sliders Recipes
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Fried Chicken Sliders with Jalapeno Aioli
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cutlets
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Slider buns
- In a bowl, combine Panko Bread Crumbs, chili powder, cumin cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
- Cut the chicken breast in half horizontally, to make cutlets. Then cut those pieces in half. Trim just a bit so they’ll fit the slider bun. With a meat mallet, pound to flatten just a little more.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, diced Poblano peppers, the chopped onion and white wine vinegar. Mix well to blend.
- Coat each chicken breast well with the Panko Bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil. When hot turn down heat to medium and add chicken cutlets. Brown on each side for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pan from heat and place a lid on the skillet. Just let those chicken slider steam for about a minute before removing and placing on the bun.
- Slather with the Jalapeno Aioli and serve.
Fried Chicken Sliders … It’s what’s for Dinner.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.