Ina Garten’s Beef slider recipe with Gruyere Cheese. Who can argue with a party slider recipe dressed with arugula tomato & onion. Easy dependable and crowd pleasing!
Nothing exotic about this recipe. Just well flavored 80/20 blend ground beef, some melted gruyere and simply topped with tomato and onion.
Ketchup is the condiment suggested for Ina’s sliders. These Ina Garten sliders with Gruyere is just another good solid recipe from one of my favorite celebrity chefs.
I could consume twice my body weight with these sliders. Ground beef flavored with thyme, Dijon mustard makes for a great little burger. Thanks to Ina Garten and The Food Network for this one.
And if you’re a burger fanatic like us, don’t miss my post which features a line up of Best Grilled Burgers recipes. I’m positive you’ll find something you’ll fall in love with.
And if you’re looking for more beef recipes, don’t miss my Beef Category. You’ll find more fabulous burger recipes including the most popular on my site for Silver Spur Ranch Blue Cheese Burger.
Now for Ina’s fabulous slider recipe:
Ina Garten Sliders with Gruyere, Arugula, Tomato and Onion
- 2 pounds premium ground beef 80 percent lean and 20 percent fat
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for brushing the grill
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Gruyere grated
- 12 Brioche buns slider buns
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 3 medium tomatoes sliced 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 2 small red onions sliced 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- Ketchup for serving
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add the mustard, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix gently with a fork to combine, taking care not to compress the ingredients. Shape the meat into 12 (2-inch) patties of equal size and thickness.
- When the grill is medium-hot, brush the grill grate with oil to keep the sliders from sticking. Place the sliders on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the sliders over with a spatula and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until medium-rare, or cook longer if you prefer the sliders more well done. For the last 2 minutes of cooking time, place 1/2-ounce Gruyere on the top of each burger and close the grill lid. Remove the sliders to a platter and cover with foil.
- Slice the buns in half crosswise and toast the halves cut side down on the grill.
- Divide the baby arugula among the 12 bottom buns, top each with a slider, and finish with a slice of tomato and red onion. Cover with the top of the bun and serve hot with ketchup.
Ina Garten Sliders with Gruyere, Arugula, Tomato and Onion…It’s What’s for Dinner.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
I LOVE Ina, every time I use her recipes they work just like yours.
The hummingbirds are lovely. We are Oregonians just like the birds. We spend Winters at our Arizona house
And I still want to go to the B and B down south
That you mentioned. Do you think it would be
Fun for a non birder
Delicious ????and so simple! Truly would love ❤️
I would love my first Ina’s cookbook!!
Hope Hill says
I love Ina Gaten but do not have any of her cookbooks Thanks for the opportunity to win one! So many of her recipes are my favorites but I do love an older recipe of hers for 1770 meatloaf.
KELLY O'SULLIVAN says
Thanks for sharing some great recipes! Would love to win the cookbook. Two easy recipes from Ina that I love are baked shrimp scampi and panzanella.
Enjoyed the hummingbird pics from your original post. Looking forward to their return in April!
Sue parker says
Inas cookbooks are my favorite. I’ve been following her for years. My favorite recipes of hers are shrimp salad with dill, her tabbouleh is my all time favorite tabbouleh and her lemon bars are to die for!
Mike W says
Tasty…..but Ina’s Brisket with Onion and Leek is still my favorite of hers….OMG!!
Tonya Fallows says
Cant wait to try these sliders!! They look amazing!
The sliders sound amazing. I would like to win the cook book because Ina Garten has so many easy and tasty recipes. Her corn salad is a fav and her method for oven roasting chicken breasts is magical.
I’ve never used thyme in burgers before but it sounds delicious. We’ll try it next time we have burgers.