Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo, your new go-to slider recipe.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about burgers and hotdogs. Two of my favorite Summer foods. If you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper Movement was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? And a big thanks to Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting our event this week.
Every summer when the grill comes out so do the hamburger patties. Entertaining is easy when you have a grill full of burgers. Even though my favorite burger is all-American, simple with a slice of onion, a ring of tomato and yellow mustard, these sliders make an appearance at least once or twice each season. I found this recipe years ago over at Cookin’ Canuck. I’ve crowned the recipe “find of the century”. 🙂
You should really make time to grill up some of these little flavor packed sliders. The chipotle mayo is a wonderful compliment to the smoky cilantro-laced patties. Topped with a slice of grilled pineapple…MUWAAAA! What a treat.
Be forewarned, these little goodies do pack a some heat. I’m kind of a wuss about that, but found them to be just right. Just make sure you scrape the seeds and veins off from inside those fire-ey chipotle peppers in order to enjoy their flavor instead of the their heat.
- For the sliders:
- 1 1/2 lb . ground beef about 88% lean
- 1 chipotle pepper seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the chipotle pepper can
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For The mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tsp adobo sauce from the chipotle pepper can
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- The pineapple:
- 2 large rings pineapple
- 8 slider buns
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
n a medium bowl, combine ground meat , chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, fresh cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands. Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal pieces and form each into patties that are 2 1/2 to 3-inches in diameter. (Can be made ahead. Place on a baking sheet, cover, and chill. Bring the room temperature before grilling.)
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and lime juice.
Place pineapple rings on the grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and cut each ring into quarters.
Putting it together:
Place the buns cut side down on the grill. Remove when the cut side is lightly toasted. Spread a generous amount of chipotle mayonnaise on each bun.
Place the meat patties on the grill and cook, lid closed, 5 minutes per side, or until barely cooked through. I like a little bit of pink inside to ensure optimal juiciness.
Remove the patties from the grill and place one patty on the bottom half of each prepared bun. Top each patty with a piece of grilled pineapple and top with the top half of the bun. Serve.
Looking for more slider recipes? How about these little:
Smoky Chipotle Sliders … They’re what’s for dinner.
If you’re a burger and hotdog freak-o like me, take a look at this line up of ideas from the rest of the group.
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where’s the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where’s the Bun Burger
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.