Easy Taco Soup. Ground Beef, 5 cans of beans and vegetables and a flavorful tomato broth. You’ve got the easiest soup recipe ever. And it’s flat out delicious. Be ready to share the recipe because they’ll ask.
This past week, I needed a dinner that would be ready in a jif, and I mean a New York minute jif. And if I couldn’t come up with something that was quick, I knew I’d find myself at our local Oriental takeout place $40 plus lighter. Enter Easy Taco Soup.
Working late, God Daughter Stephanie scheduled for dinner, Monday night Footaball kickoff at 6:30….Good ol’ Easy Taco Soup to the rescue.
Taco Soup With Ranch Dressing
I bet it’s been fifteen years since I’ve made this soup. I remember we always called it Taco Soup with Ranch Dressing. Dice an onion and a clove of garlic, brown some ground beef, open five cans, season and you’ve got dinner. An oldie but a goodie, and a very flavorful one at that.
Just pay the canned beans and canned vegetables aisle a visit for these easy ingredients:
- Canned Black Beans
- Canned Pinto Beans
- Canned Kidney Beans
- Canned chopped tomatoes
- Canned corn
Grab a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix, some beef broth, some ground beef, garlic and onion. You’ll need taco seasoning if you don’t keep a batch of homemade on hand.
In my whirlwind trip through the canned aisle at the market, I forgot to pick up tortilla chips. This soup is so easy that I even had time to make my own baked tortilla chips from some leftover corn tortillas from a weekend meal.
How to make homemade baked tortilla chips:
Take four soft corn tortillas and brush them with olive oil. With a knife quarter the tortillas and lay the pieces out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and Chimayo chili powder. Bake at 375 degrees for fifteen minutes. Done.
Recipe for Easy Taco Soup
I hope you give this Easy Taco Soup recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite taco soup recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Tip: to make this Easy Taco Soup even more delicious, always keep a supply of Homemade Taco Seasoning on hand. You’ll be glad you did.
More easy soup recipes
Easy Taco Soup
- 15 1/2 ounce pinto beans canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce kidney beans canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce black beans canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce yellow corn canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce chopped tomatoes canned, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Seasoning 1 ounce package. Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix, on the dressing aisle
- 4 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 Cup water
- Place a large colander in the sink. Open all cans of beans and corn, place in the colander all at once to drain. In the meantime, chop the onion and garlic. In a large heated fry pan, crumble the ground beef and cook until about half way done. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add in the drained beans and corn, the can of beef broth, the Ranch dressing, taco seasoning and stir well. Add water if the mixture is not soupy enough.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Sprinkle with some chopped raw onion and shredded cheese. Serve with corn chips.
Taco Soup with Ranch, Easiest Soup Ever …It’s what’s for Dinner.