Easy Taco Soup. Ground Beef, 5 cans of beans and vegetables and a flavorful tomato broth. You’ve got the easiest soup recipe ever. And it’s flat out delicious. Be ready to share the recipe because they’ll ask.
This past week, I needed a dinner that would be ready in a jif, and I mean a New York minute jif. And if I couldn’t come up with something that was quick, I knew I’d find myself at our local Oriental takeout place $40 plus lighter. Enter Easy Taco Soup.
Working late, God Daughter Stephanie scheduled for dinner, Monday night Footaball kickoff at 6:30….Good ol’ Easy Taco Soup to the rescue.
Taco Soup With Ranch Dressing
I bet it’s been fifteen years since I’ve made this soup. I remember we always called it Taco Soup with Ranch Dressing. Dice an onion and a clove of garlic, brown some ground beef, open five cans, season and you’ve got dinner. An oldie but a goodie, and a very flavorful one at that.
Just pay the canned beans and canned vegetables aisle a visit for these easy ingredients:
- Canned Black Beans
- Canned Pinto Beans
- Canned Kidney Beans
- Canned chopped tomatoes
- Canned corn
Grab a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix, some beef broth, some ground beef, garlic and onion. You’ll need taco seasoning if you don’t keep a batch of homemade on hand.
In my whirlwind trip through the canned aisle at the market, I forgot to pick up tortilla chips. This soup is so easy that I even had time to make my own baked tortilla chips from some leftover corn tortillas from a weekend meal.
How to make homemade baked tortilla chips:
Take four soft corn tortillas and brush them with olive oil. With a knife quarter the tortillas and lay the pieces out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and Chimayo chili powder. Bake at 375 degrees for fifteen minutes. Done.
Recipe for Easy Taco Soup
I hope you give this Easy Taco Soup recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite taco soup recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Tip: to make this Easy Taco Soup even more delicious, always keep a supply of Homemade Taco Seasoning on hand. You’ll be glad you did.
More easy soup recipes
Easy Taco Soup. Ground Beef, 5 cans of beans and vegetables and a flavorful tomato broth. You've got the easiest soup recipe ever.
- 15 1/2 ounce pinto beans canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce kidney beans canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce black beans canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce yellow corn canned, drained
- 15 1/2 ounce chopped tomatoes canned, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Seasoning 1 ounce package. Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix, on the dressing aisle
- 4 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 Cup water
- Place a large colander in the sink. Open all cans of beans and corn, place in the colander all at once to drain. In the meantime, chop the onion and garlic. In a large heated fry pan, crumble the ground beef and cook until about half way done. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add in the drained beans and corn, the can of beef broth, the Ranch dressing, taco seasoning and stir well. Add water if the mixture is not soupy enough.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Sprinkle with some chopped raw onion and shredded cheese. Serve with corn chips.
Looking for more easy Mexican Soup Recipes? Take a look at this:
Taco Soup with Ranch, Easiest Soup Ever …It’s what’s for Dinner.