Roasted Vegetables with Pasta

Chop a selection of your favorite vegetables into bite sized pieces. I used zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, mushrooms, one clove chopped garlic and a sprinkle of capers.
Toss them in a bowl drizzled with olive oil and your favorite spices. I used fresh thyme, oregano and a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Lay out vegetables on a baking sheet or cast iron skillet.
Roast vegetables until collapsed and starting to brown.
In the meantime cook pasta according to package directions. I used a whole grain linguine.
Drain pasta and toss with roasted vegetables.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

Roasted Vegetables with Pasta…It’s What’s for Dinner

Comments

• Lea Ann says

Pam, I’ll continue to do something like this – minus the egg plant. I’m thinking the only way I like egg plant is breaded and smothered in Marinara. :)

• Lea Ann says

I agree about roasting veggies Heather … however, I must admit I wasn’t crazy about the eggplant in this.

This sounds delicious and I’m with you on the eggplant! Somehow I never developed a taste for it other than breaded, fried and dipped in marinara.

How simple is that? And delicious. I DO love eggplant, unlike you. Eat it once a week, often more. Usually I roast it so I’m halfway there with this recipe!

I like what roasting does to veggies, it brings out the best in them. I need to kick up my side dishes like this. My sides have been lame of late.

• Lea Ann says

My sides have been lame too…. I usually have a kick-ass salad every night. I need to get back into the swing of sides. :)