Gazpacho shooters are easy to make and fun to serve. These shot glasses filled with spicy Gazpacho Tomato Soup are a perfect Summer Appetizer.
As you can see, the sun is mercifully setting on my back deck tapas dinner party.
I’ll conclude this series with the last offering of these Spicy Gazpacho Shooters.
I’ve never made gazpacho or for that matter never ordered it in a restaurant. I just can’t wrap my arms around cold soups, I like them hot, steamy and wafting with wonderful spices and aromas.
With all that said, I thought these little cold soup shooters would make a fresh and summery addition to the menu. And when I carried them out on my tomato red platter in my cute little crackly-glass shot glasses, I felt so clever and smug and could have cared less what the soup tasted like.
With that said, these gazpacho shooters were crazy delish.
I Googled Gazpacho and the returns were all similar variations that included fresh vegetables, and always cucumber, tomato and bell peppers. I knew I wanted to kick mine up a bit and added jalapeno and a few shakes of Tabasco.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Spicy Gazpacho Shooters
- 2 1/2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced and mashed to a paste with 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crusty croutons garlic flavored works well here
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times to blend. Chill until ready to serve.
Gazpacho Shooters … It’s whats for a Summer appetizer.