This spice rubbed salmon recipe is a little bit spicy, a little bit smoky and a whole lot good. Rubbed with love and topped with a delightful Cilantro Lime Butter, this just might become your favorite grilled salmon recipe. So perfect for a quick dinner that packs a lot of flavor.
We love the results of grilled food, both from our gas and charcoal Webers. And think the aroma of a steak or burger wafting from those hot grates is about the best smell ever.
But have to admit I’m not a fan of the task of grilling. I’d much rather be in the air-conditioned kitchen chopping, dicing, fussing, sautéing, stirring, simmering, stewing, and braising, or sitting in the shade in my lawn chair with my glass of wine, watching someone else grill. ::::shrug
So with all that said, I’m so very excited to announce that we now have a griller in the house.
Bob received a certificate to a cooking class from our Son Sean for Christmas. Sean suggested Bob enroll in the baking class because there would be more “chicks” there, (thanks Son) but after a long study of the lineup, Bob chose the grilling class.
So off he went to Kitchen Table Cooking School over at Landmark last week. I was stunned with his first solo meal off our home grill, after his class to learn how to cook Spiced Rubbed Salmon With Cilantro-Lime Butter. Let’s take a look.
First of all, take a look at the line-up of ingredients for this impressive and rich-colored blend of spices for the rub. The aroma was intoxicating.
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
Pat salmon filets dry, slather in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, sprinkle on rub and rub into salmon. Shake off the excess rub and grill to desired doneness.
For the grand finale, dollop each salmon fillet with Cilantro Lime Butter.
It’s easy to make. Softened butter mixed with cilantro, parsley, honey, lime and salt and pepper. = DIVINE.
This is a photo after that wonderful Cilantro-Lime Butter oozed itself over and into the salmon. This salmon was perfectly cooked, juicy, tender and crazy with flavor. Hands down some of the best salmon I’ve ever had.
An impressive outcome for Bob’s first grilling project, especially since the wind was blowing a gale and it was cold out there and fish can be tricky to start with.
Look at this guy, one class and he’s a better chopper than I’ve ever been.
Recipe for Spice Rubbed Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
I hope you give this spice rubbed salmon recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite recipe for spice rubbed salmon, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Grilled Salmon Recipes
- Cedar Plank Salmon with Mushroom Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- Grilled Copper River Salmon
- Bacon Tomato Pesto Grilled Salmon Sliders
- Mexican Salmon with Salsa Verde
and this recipe I found for Sesame Chili Grilled Salmon from The Reluctant Entertainer sounds divine.
And if you’re looking for more super fast seafood dinner ideas, you won’t want to miss this broiled halibut recipe, Heavenly Halibut.
Spice Rubbed Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- Spice Rub For The Salmon
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico Chile Powder or Cayenne, or Ancho
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- For the Cilantro Lime Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Butter room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Parsley chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the spice rub. Set aside.
- Bring butter to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Butter. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the salmon fillets and gently rub into the meat. Shake the excess rub off the salmon fillets.
- Light a grill and preheat to 500 degrees. Turn heat down to 350 degrees. Place salmon fillets on grill. Cook 12 – 15 minutes or until salmon is just starting to flake.
- Serve immediately and top each salmon fillet with a dollop of the cilantro lime butter.
Spice Rubbed Salmon with Cilantro-Lime Butter…It’s What’s for Dinner.