Try this all-star, easy-to-follow Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lime and Cilantro recipe from Bobby Flay. A great summer grilled side dish.
I just discovered grilling potatoes last summer and am loving every crispy smoky slice I’ve plated. Wanting to try grilling sweet potatoes, I Googled and the top recipe was this Bobby Flay Sweet Potato recipe grilled with Lime and Cilantro recipe. I saw absolutely no reason to look any further. Bobby Flay recipes never disappoint and I thought the lime and cilantro were a perfect combination for the sweet flavor.
This somewhat put me in mind of one of the delicious Mexican snow cones I had in Tucson. Sweet, salty, spicy and limey. How can you go wrong with that combination? We found these to be a delicious side dish for grilled chicken thighs and a fresh salad. A wonderful summer meal. The only thing I would change is to at least double the lime zest and the cayenne. Seemed like there wasn’t enough to go around, and I only used one large sweet potato. I’d also take the time to wedge and pre-cook before grilling. That big orange paddle wasn’t as attractive as the white potato paddles I grilled last week. Let’s take a look.
- 3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- Kosher salt
- zest of one lime
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or more if you like the heat)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Directions Par-cook the potatoes: Place in a pot of water and boil until fork-tender; let cool. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths. Preheat a grill to medium or place a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Mix 1 tablespoon salt, the lime zest and cayenne in a small bowl. Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides (including the skin) and just cooked through, about 1½ minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
Bobby Flay’s Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lime and Cilantro…It’s What’s for a Summer Side Dish.
- One Year Ago: Sauteed Shrimp with Noodles and Cilantro
- Two Years Ago: Almond Chutney Asian Lettuce Wraps