Sublime Key Lime Pie

First, how about this  from Yogi Berra:

The waitress asked: “How many pieces do you want your pie cut?” Yogi responded: “Four. I don’t think I could eat eight.”

My husband’s side of the family recently gathered for their family reunion.  Bob’s sister and husband Vern hosted the event at their home in Woodland Park, Colorado. To get to Woodland Park (the city above the clouds), we drive South to Colorado Springs, passing the United States Air Force Academy, past Garden of the Gods, Cave of the Winds, wind around beautiful Pikes Peak (America’s most visited mountain), and past the North Pole Santa’s Workshop.  There, don’t you feel like a tourist?

Patricia and Vern were wonderful hosts and layed out a feast…and I mean a feast for lunch. Pulled BBQ Pork and sliced ham for sandwiches, coleslaw, fresh corn on the cob, baked beans, mac n’ cheese,  fresh slices of watermelon…get the picture? (I hope so since I didn’t take any)  :-/

And amongst the array of desserts? Patricia’s Key Lime Pie. I haven’t had this in years and the first bite was every bit as delicious as I remembered…maybe even better than I remembered.

You can use any type of pie crust from homemade to the pre-made versions in the stores like graham cracker or dark chocolate crusts. If you use the chocolate crust, dress up the top of each slice of  pie with a bit of  shaved chocolate.

How can something this easy be this delicious?  Take a look at this line up of sinful ingredients.

• 1 can Eagle Brand Milk
  • 1 tub Cool Whip
  • 1/2 C. bottled Key Lime Juice or 12 Key Limes, squeezed

Stir all ingredients together and pour into a prepared pie crust. Refrigerate overnight. The pie also freezes well.

I think it takes longer to get the items out of the pantry than it does to throw this pie together.

Patricia’s Key Lime Pie,

It’s What’s For Dessert.

Comments

I can’t imagine anyone not liking this recipe…cool whip and that thick sugared milk. yum. Tell them it’s something else….like call it a refrigerator pie.

1. Vickie says

Beeyootiful! And the pie is as pretty as the ginkgo leaf dish. ;) Seriously, it sounds delicious – I love key lime pie and had no idea it was this easy. Sweet!!

I’ve got four of those plates, they make great little salad plates, especially on my periwinkle blue dinner plates. You should give the pie a try, it’s really good….and rich.

I hope so because I didn’t take any…LOL!!! Sounds like a feast I would LOVE! This sounds so nummy…is it sweetened condensed milk or evap milk?? I love key lime cake…but haven’t found a key lime pie I can love yet. Must try! :)

Ooooo, I’d love a piece of this pie now, even if it is only 8:00 in the morning. I have no excuse not to make this as it is such an easy recipe.
    Looks delicious!

I could eat eight, no problem ;).

Great looking pie. I’m a big fan of any dessert that doesn’t require firing up the oven, particularly with the heat we’ve been having.

I love key lime pie and order it every time I see it on a menu. I got a good laugh out of Yogi’s comment on how to cut the pie. I’ll have to remember that one.

Enjoy the King exhibit. Makes me wish I lived closer to a city instead of out in the woods.

Your post made me homesick!!! Many years ago I lived in Denver and beautiful Buena Vista and have often driven past all the tourist areas you mentioned! How I miss the beauty of the mountains, aspens and pines.
    This recipe looks simple and zesty! Can’t wait to offer it up to the husband!
    Thanks!