This is a recipe for Honey Lime Cumin Roasted Glazed Carrots. A simple and delightful carrot side dish that will shine at the table. I can’t imagine any entree that this wouldn’t compliment. Sweet and tangy, these showy oven roasted carrots are easy enough for a weeknight side dish, and sensational enough to compliment any Holiday entree.
Don’t you love it when you find a recipe that checks all the boxes? Beautiful (check), healthy (check), and scrumptious (check). Yes!
Sometimes I feel like I find myself struggling to come up with easy side dish ideas beyond those bags of frozen vegetables from the store. This oven roasted carrots recipe is definitely a solution to that problem. What could be better than an easy homemade side dish, with a short cleanup list: one sheet pan, a small mixing bowl and a hot oven.
King Soopers had gorgeous tri-colored baby carrots last week, that found themselves in my cart quicker than quick. I couldn’t wait to get home and come up with a beautiful combination of flavors to roast them into culinary bliss.
I remember a glaze that we used in Culinary School using cumin, lime and honey, and I couldn’t think of a better glaze for these carrots.
Just how easy is this Roasted Glazed Carrot Recipe?
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin from the carrots.
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, lime zest, lime juice and spices.
- Pour over the carrots and with tongs mix and turn to combine carrots and sauce.
- No dicing, no slicing, just roast and enjoy.
Serve on your favorite white platter.
With a sprinkle if sliced green onion, if you’d like.
Recipe for Honey Lime Cumin Roasted Glazed Carrots:
I hope you give this roasted glazed carrots recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite oven-roasted carrots recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Oven Roasted Carrots Recipes
- Oven Roasted Carrots with Garlic and Parsley, Lemons for LuLu
- Glazed Carrots with Goat Cheese and Honey
This would make a perfect side dish for Oven Roasted Turkey Breast.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Roasted Glazed Carrots with Honey Lime and Cumin
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound baby carrots with fresh green tops multi-colored works great here
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime Juice and fresh grated zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the tops off the carrots. Using a vegetable peeler, peel off skin.
- Place carrots on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You’ll be glad you take this step, as you are cooking with a thick glaze. Cleanup will be so easy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, zest and lime juice, salt, cumin, coriander, and paprika. Pour the mixture over the carrots and with tongs, toss to coat.
- Roast about 20 – 30 minutes. or until carrots are tender and starting to show color.
- Transfer to your favorite serving platter and sprinkle with sliced green onion, if you’d like.
Roasted Glazed Carrots … It’s What’s for a Side Dish