This is a recipe for Pickled Beet Salad with Arugula, Feta and a wonderful complimentary zingy mustard dressing. Easy, healthy and a wonderful way to use pickled beets for a side dish.
Tangy and sweet pickled beets, peppery arugula, salty feta. Perfect combo of flavors …
This garnet colored vegetable when simply roasted, is absolutely beautiful in side salads with greens.
Why not incorporate the wild flavor of pickled beets into a side salad? Starting with arugula, I found a topping of crumbled feta to be a suitable partner for the beets and a wonderful creamy dijon dressing a perfect compliment.
I was served wine in this glass at a restaurant in Downtown Denver. No, I’m not going to name names …. but what would you do?
- See this as an opportunity to start a lively conversation about microbial growth with your dining partner.
- Flee the restaurant immediately and look for somewhere else to dine.
- Ask for another glass and hope they don’t take it in the back and simply wipe it down with an equally dirty rag?
- Just drink it, the alcohol will probably kill those nasties.
As I’ve mentioned before on this blog, my friend Greg and I gather in his kitchen every Fall and pickle the heck out of thirty pounds of Colorado grown organic beets. It’s a festive and calculated event… we’ve got the process down. If you’re looking for an old fashioned recipe for pickling beets, take a look at my post for Pickled Beets, How to Pickle Beets the Old Fashioned Way, A Step by Step. it’s one of the most popular posts on my blog. Pickled Beet lovers unite!
Recipe for Pickled Beet Salad with Arugula and Feta
I hope you give this Pickled Beet Salad a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite beet salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
And if you’re salad fans like us, don’t miss my post on 9 Secrets To A Remarkable Tossed Salad. A step by step guide on how to make the best tossed salad ever.
Pickled Beet Salad with Arugula and Feta
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 preserved lemon minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 very fresh egg yolk
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup pickled beets slices halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, pepper and lemon. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until smooth. Add the raw egg yolk and stir until well blended.
- Add the arugula and beets and toss to coat well.
- Divide the salad among individual plates. Sprinkle on the feta and drizzle with the dressing.
Pickled Beet Salad …It’s what’s for a Side Dish