A beautiful Remoulade Sauce Recipe for shrimp salad. Remoulade Blanc, is a recipe from New Orlean’s famous Galatoire’s Restaurant. A mayonnaise-y blend of Creole mustard, horseradish, cayenne, and white pepper makes this a classic. Great for a salad before the main course, or a light dinner.
Usually you think of a visit to New Orleans as being surrounded by people who are aggressively having a wild time. That’s because for some, that’s why they’re there. But there’s another well-known truth about New Orleans…it just happens to be one of the best food cities in the United States. Some would call it the best.
Along with a fabulous lineup of joints serving up Po-Boys and Mufalettas, New Orleans is home to a number of fancy world famous restaurants that are extremely rich in tradition and history. To name a few Arnaud’s, Antoine’s and Commander’s Palace are restaurants to visit to get a real taste of the importance of New Orleans culture.
But if you can get into the place, make Galatoire’s your for sure stop. It’s smack dab right on Bourbon Street, but a step inside and you feel a country club elegance.
If you’re lucky enough to be seated on the main level, you’ll find yourself among local socialites whose generations have chosen Galatoire’s to celebrate about anything. Stuffy? No. Spirits are high and infectious and I soon felt like I had acquired native status.
It’s my favorite dining experience…ever. We ordered and were served traditional New Orleans cuisine that was prepared and served beautifully. The waiters and the service are a story of their own. Fabulous.
I recently ran across this recipe in Saveur and bearing the name of my favorite restaurant, I knew I had to try it. We’re big fans of the zesty ketchup version. And this white, mayonnaise-y blend of Creole mustard, horseradish, cayenne, and white pepper makes this a classic. Great for a salad before the main course, or a light dinner.
Remoulade Sauce Recipe for Galatoire’s Shrimp Salad
I hope you give this remoulade sauce recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite remoulade sauce recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Spicy Sauce Recipes
- Pappas Brother’s Shrimp Remoulade Recipe
- Broadmoor Hotel’s French Cocktail Sauce for Shrimp
- Spicy Mustard Sauce for Grilled Ribeye Steaks
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Galatoire’s Remoulade Sauce Recipe for Shrimp Remoulade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 4 scallions minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed, cooked chilled
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- Stir mayonnaise, mustard, wine, juice, horseradish, parsley, cayenne, pepper, scallions, and salt in a bowl; stir in shrimp. Divide lettuce between plates; top with shrimp and garnish with parsley.