This Shrimp Remoulade Recipe comes from one of New Orlean’s most famous Restaurants, Galatoire’s. A mayonnaise-y blend with Creole mustard, horseradish, cayenne, and white pepper, brings you a white remoulade version of the classic.
Usually you think of a visit to New Orleans as being surrounded by people who are aggressively having a wild time. That’s because for some, that’s why they’re there.
But there’s another well-known truth about New Orleans…it just happens to be one of the best food cities in the United States. Some would call it the best.
Along with a fabulous lineup of joints serving up Po-Boys and Mufalettas, New Orleans is home to a number of fancy world famous restaurants that are extremely rich in tradition and history. To name a few Arnaud’s, Antoine’s and Commander’s Palace are restaurants to visit to get a real taste of the importance of New Orleans culture.
Including my personal favorite Galatoire’s. It’s smack dab right on Bourbon Street, but a step inside and you feel a country club elegance.
If you’re lucky enough to be seated on the main level, you’ll find yourself among local socialites whose generations have chosen Galatoire’s to celebrate about anything. Stuffy? No. Spirits are high and infectious and I soon felt like I had acquired native status.
I recently ran across this shrimp shrimp remoulade recipe in Saveur and bearing the name of my favorite restaurant, I knew I had to try it.
Galatoire’s Shrimp Remoulade
I hope you give this remoulade sauce recipe a try. Billed in Saveur magazine, as Galatoire’s Remoulade Blanc (white remoulade), it’s a true treat, and easy enough to prepare in your own kitchen.
More Spicy Shrimp Recipes
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Gumbo with Shrimp and Sausage
- Spicy Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped, Jalapeno Stuffed Shrimp
Galatoire’s Shrimp Remoulade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 4 scallions minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed, cooked chilled
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- Stir mayonnaise, mustard, wine, juice, horseradish, parsley, cayenne, pepper, scallions, and salt in a bowl; stir in shrimp. Divide lettuce between plates; top with shrimp and garnish with parsley.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Shrimp Remoulade (white remoulade) … It’s Whats for Dinner