This is a recipe for Sweet Sriracha Party Meatballs. Italian meatballs are slathered in a sweet sriracha, brown sugar and cranberry glaze. A super easy and killer meatball appetizer recipe.
Anyone looking for a fun new appetizer recipe? One that’s really easy to make and a guaranteed crowd pleaser? Step aside grape jelly meatballs, these party meatballs have become our new favorite meatball appetizer. The flavor of Italian meatballs is a fabulous canvas for this sweet and spicy flavor combination of brown sugar, Sriracha sauce and a surprising ingredient, canned cranberry sauce.
I made these a few months ago to take to friends for an backyard BBQ. They were a huge hit. Definitely easy, quick and full of flavor. I knew I had a winner and I’ve made them about five times since.
What a timely recipe, as we’re right in the middle of appetizer season. Football parties, tailgating parties and soon the Holiday invitations will come pouring in. Keep this meatball appetizer recipe in your back pocket, it’s perfect for a quick fix.
Let’s keep it easy, and here’s how:
- I purchase pre-made, but not pre-cooked Italian meatballs from King Soopers. Their Kroeger brand has a great flavor and cook up nice and tight. Tight enough so they don’t fall apart in this thick sauce.
- You could also use frozen meatballs. Just cook according to package instructions and then gently toss in the sweet Sriracha sauce.
- I’ve used both jellied sauce and sauce that contains chunks of cranberries. Both work very well.
- And don’t we always have a bottle of Sriracha sauce in the fridge? And brown sugar in the pantry?
- I’ve made this recipe in the crockpot and didn’t like the final result. Slow cooking releases moisture from the meatballs, thinning the sauce. I like this recipe better as a thick and rich glaze.
Having an appetizer recipe that easy to make and ready to go in a jiff can be a party lifesaver.
Recipe for Sweet Sriracha Party Meatballs
Having an appetizer recipe that easy to make and ready to go in a jiff can be a party lifesaver. I hope you give these party meatballs a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite meatball appetizer recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More party meatball appetizer recipes
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
This is a recipe for Sweet Sriracha Party Meatballs. Italian meatballs are slathered in a sweet sriracha, brown sugar, cranberry glaze. A super easy and killer meatball appetizer recipe.
- 36 Italian meatballs
- 1/3 cup Sriracha Sauce
- 14 1/2 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
Purchase fresh pre-made Italian meatballs from the store, or frozen. Bake according to package instructions.
In the meantime, combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until well heated and flavors are combined.
When meatballs are done scoop them into a large bowl. Pour sauce over the meatballs and with a large spoon, gently stir and combine sauce and meatballs.
Transfer to the serving bowl or platter of your choice. Serve warm.
I've made this recipe in the crockpot and didn't like the final result. Slow cooking releases moisture from the meatballs, thinning the sauce.
I like this recipe better as a thick and rich glaze.
I’m sharing this recipe for Sweet Sriracha Party Meatballs over at Meal Plan Monday. Check it out.