Spinach, white bean, bacon salad with a tangy maple syrup vinaigrette. Here’s a great little salad recipe that you can add to your summer repertoire. Simply delicious and it comes together in a snap.
The warm maple syrupy sweet and tangy dressing melts into the spinach, turns the beans into royalty and is a natural partner for the bacon. I don’t know about you, but when I have pancakes or waffles, I always drag my bacon or bite of sausage through the maple syrup. Such a wonderful combination for the taste buds.
The green onions add a nice touch to the flavor and the red bell pepper a crisp splash of color. The best part about this salad is that the next night you can have BLT Sandwiches with the rest of the bacon left in the package.
Give this one a try, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
A wonderful entree salad recipe for a light Summer meal.
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can Great Northern beans drained
- 1/2 Cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 Cup red bell pepper chopped
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 14 oz spinach or mixed spinach and super greens combo
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl, stirring with a whisk; microwave at high 1 minute or until hot. Place beans in a two-quart glass measure, microwave until hot, one minute.
- Combine onions, bell pepper, bacon and spinach in a large bowl. Add syrup mixture and beans. Toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
Spinach, White Bean, Bacon Salad with Maple Syrup Vinaigrette …
It’s Whats For Dinner